Disney expands Pin Trading into new PinQuest scavenger hunt

mousehockey37

I do see this as a fun thing to do... only if you have the time and extra money to do it.

As others said, this is an AP holder summer thing or maybe something for our international guests on holiday can do (since they normally come over for 3 weeks at a time). For those vacationing for roughly a week? They're going to want to get the most out of their park tickets (riding rides, meeting characters?, etc...).

In 2014, I bought the MNSSHP pin set (the 5 pins in the pumpkin box). I knew I wanted it before I left and budgeted for it. Will I do something like that again? Probably not, but I got all the pins in the box at 1 time. I didn't have to go "hunt the park" for the other pins. From this point on, I'll mostly pick up some of the neater pins I find (as I do like to collect them) as they make nicer, cheaper souvenirs (in comparison to a lot of other merchandise). But I'll limit myself to just a few.

I like the idea but it doesn't seem as though it will be a huge success.

I do agree with others that this is going to be something, that to do it, it's going to drag you through all the shops and if you have younger kids, put your wallet/magic band linked to CC in danger of a high balance because of "other things" you'll find or the kids will want along the way besides the pins.

FrostyNaples

We did this on July 3rd. It was a lot of fun, and I hope Disney continues to create more interactive scavenger pin hunts like this one.

Overall took us a leisurely 3hrs, in between a fast pass or two, some food, etc. Took advantage of the train to circle around the park without walking through all the crowds.

Complainers will complain, if you cannot afford $80 in pins, cya, do something else, this isn't hurting you by not participating. Value is one million percent subjective, we liked it, you may not.

All the cast members had fun participating, only one of them improperly stamped our map at the time the clue was purchased instead of after we came up with the clue answer, but that will happen. A lot of them were in training for it, just came out late last week so this is expected.

Another excellent novelty to add to our collection :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom