Kali River Rapids testing single rider option in July

doctornick

Would love to see more single rider line options around Disney World... they seem to be all over the place at Disneyland but much sparser here... it's a welcome addition... anything to be sure every ride vehicle is going out at full capacity whenever possible...

Agreed. There's little downside to offering single riders (the main issue is having the queue space exist and space is typically not a problem at WDW). Kali certainly makes sense as an option. Dinosaur and Space Mountain strike me as other ones that would benefit given their odd seating configuration.

danyoung56

I don't really care if vehicles are leaving full or not. What I care about is being able to bypass the long lines, and I also wish WDW did more of this.

RSoxNo1

What's Kali's capacity? It's gotta be pretty high. Having said that, I know it gets the longest waits in the park during the summer.

rael ramone

This is not only good, it is good business. (As long as they don't start doing this for dark rides)...

Improved guest flow means happier guests, with more time on their hands, who might even use that time to buy Turkey Legs and Plush...

chrismdonahue

What's Kali's capacity? It's gotta be pretty high. Having said that, I know it gets the longest waits in the park during the summer.
Guessing around 8 per vehicle and maybe 12 vehicles, around 96. The wait, last I was there it was around 1 hour. That was in August of 2014.

Tom Morrow

Curious as to how this will work. The ramp leading down to the rotating station is narrow and only has room for an entrance an exit. You can't really make it wider either.

deere839

I hope they do this for more rides since im a singer rider for everything but the only concern is people abusing it trying to skip the line with there family

Tom Morrow

I hope they do this for more rides since im a singer rider for everything but the only concern is people abusing it trying to skip the line with there family
Single rider lines are NOT intended only for people who are literally alone at the park or riding alone. Any size group is free to use the single rider line. When you enter it, the "agreement" is "I am willing to split up my party for a (most likely) shorter wait time."

deere839

Single rider lines are NOT intended only for people who are literally alone at the park or riding alone. Any size group is free to use the single rider line. When you enter it, the "agreement" is "I am willing to split up my party for a (most likely) shorter wait time."
Yes. But then they think there supiorer some times and try to stay with the group even though the ride op said a different row

doctornick

There are so many rides that would benefit. Splash, Mine Train, Big Thunder, Toy Story could bring it back....

Toy Story, yes. Splash at MK would potentially be awkward given the 2 person seats with no barriers (they use it at DL Splash, but that has different vehicles with one person per row). Same goes with BTMRR and the bench seats. To their credit with BTMRR, I see the CMs try to fill them up as much as possible including putting three people per row when they can.

7DMT would makes sense on some level, but I think they solve the empty seat problem another way by putting people into even and odd queues before load. This fills up every seat without the need for single riders.

Figment82

The TSMM single rider line was terribly inefficient while it lasted. I did it once when the ride first opened and waited almost an hour (most of that time within view of the loading platform) while the CM loading the vehicles would group odd-numbered parties together - completely ignoring the purpose of the special line. I would have been better off having gone through regular standby. If they ever do bring it back, I'd hope it would come with better procedures in place.

rct247

The other big challenge with single rider lines is that wait times are hard to predict. Rock n Roller Coaster gets asked all the time how long the wait is for single riders, but it depends on how many odd number parties there are. People always think it automatically shotter but in reality it could be just as long or longer. So that benefit can also backfire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom