REVIEW - Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
At the top of our list along with Morimoto. The Rick Bayless involvement is pretty evident in the menu. If the pics reflect the norm the execution is pretty impressive as well. Partnering with Creekstone Farms is another plus. Their products address some different priorities, and the Natural line is a great choice here.

Lots to like.

Hockey89

At the top of our list along with Morimoto. The Rick Bayless involvement is pretty evident in the menu. If the pics reflect the norm the execution is pretty impressive as well. Partnering with Creekstone Farms is another plus. Their products address some different priorities, and the Natural line is a great choice here.

Lots to like.
Agreed... Disney needed new high end places...So badly....

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I am excited to give this a try. All the pics presented show a great fresh product. The carne asada looks great and looks to be served the way it should be (sorry I love me some carne asada). It is definitely a welcome change from San Angel Inn and La Hacienda. Both to me have become a little stale. Definitely enjoying all the new Disney Springs offerings.

Sans Souci

Wow. That looks delicious. That coconut lime dessert and fried plantains are right up my alley. I just made a reservation through Open Table. :hungry:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the review! We were looking to dine somewhere for one table service credit at Disney Springs when we are there in December. You commented that it is one table service credit on the DDP, but the WDW website does not have that listed. Perhaps WDW just hasn't updated that yet?
Yes it hasn't been updated yet. Enjoy your trip!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband and I ate at Frontera a few days ago. We have enjoyed one of his restaurants in Chicago and like using Bayless' products from the grocery store. So we may have had a bias, but we loved Frontera Cocina. The food was flavorful and fresh, and the service was great. The atmosphere was lively and I enjoyed the music they played too. It was one of my favorite meals of the trip, my husband said he slightly preferred Morimotos but Frontera was right near the top.

Hockey89

Argh. Not liking the look of this place at all. It really looks like a high-end hospital cafeteria. Maybe it's better in person. I hope so. :confused:
I can't even wrap my brain around this post... How does it look like high end hospital food from the review? Rick B is one of the best chefs of Mexican food in the country... High end hospital good lord

worldfanatic

Argh. Not liking the look of this place at all. It really looks like a high-end hospital cafeteria. Maybe it's better in person. I hope so. :confused:
I have to agree.
It just seems a bit "sterile" to me.
I'm sure the food is great, and I'll no doubt eventually dine there.
But with all the other new options at Disney Springs, I think I'll go somewhere else with a bit better atmosphere on my upcoming trip.

TDogg76

In late March, my wife and I tried Cocina! The previous day we had a very bad experience at Paddlefish and hoped this would be better! We were not disappointed! The service and food were great!!!! I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys Mexican cuisine!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom