What's up with the Plaza Restaurant?

Chipster

Original Poster
I can't seem to get a reservation there anytime between December 1-7 and I tried at my 180 day more first thing in the a.m. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

Herdman

We could not get one for November 18th at our 180 day mark. The park closes at 7:00 that night for MVMCP, and we tried to get an ADR for 5:00. We have tickets for the party and wanted to eat before the party started. There may be parties also during your December days, or the park hours may just be that there aren't as many ADR's available for a relatively small restaurant.

carriehpotter

My mom called 180 days out to get reservations for lunch on December 9 and they told her they weren't accepting reservations because it was a Christmas parade filming day. So whether they're actually filming the parade that day or it's just a back-up day, I'm not sure. Could be the same for your days, perhaps.

Chipster

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies - I would take any time of the day - just seemed odd with LTT and Crystal Palace available. And thanks for the heads up about the parade filming on December 9 - will avoid MK that day for sure. Was there one year when they were filming and it was a zoo!

mistyj

Just saw a tweet from a Disney blogger the Plaza will only be accepting advance reservations for 11 am - 12 noon for dates starting July 17th. Outside those times "guests should visit the restaurant to inquire about availability for the rest of the day."

Looks like now that the Skipper Canteen is taking ADRs, they were looking for a way to still provide walk up, sit down service in the park.

crazgurl

I got reservations for supper there on October 1st. Does this mean they will cancel my reservations or not honor them?

71dsp

We were able to get an ADR there for 11:20am in early December. I accidentally cancelled it a week or so after we booked it, and it was promptly scooped up by someone else. :( We were able to score another for the same day, but at 11am. So the ADRs are certainly out there. Just have to keep checking. Good luck, hope it works out for you!

jpittore1

We ate there yesterday and our CM waiter said they will only accept reservations for the first hour and the rest is walk up. The CM told us too many people were complaining they could not get walk up reservations in the Parks. The CM told us they are thinking of making one restaurant in each Park walk up/same day reservations only. The CM also said they may adjust the ADR for DDP, they may start to get priority over non-DDP individuals. Similar to the fast pass that if you're on property you get an extra 30 days.

BrianV

The CM also said they may adjust the ADR for DDP, they may start to get priority over non-DDP individuals. Similar to the fast pass that if you're on property you get an extra 30 days.

That might be a nail in the coffin for WDW for me. Hard enough to eat there at all. That would make it nearly impossible.

My solace is that front line CMs probably don't know long term changes planned.

aladdin2007

That might be a nail in the coffin for WDW for me. Hard enough to eat there at all. That would make it nearly impossible.

its heading there for us too, if they do this in this location I would expect them to start most everywhere else as well, between this and the horrible price increase rumor coming in the fall to buffets or character buffets, even dining in general...its not going to last much longer for us.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I think this is a good idea. I understand most people want to plan ahead (don't blame them), but there is also a large population that like to visit spur of the moment. This obviously helps that spur of the moment crowd.

If I'm not mistaken though, most restaurants do keep tables open for walk-ups. It's just extremely difficult to get one especially at popular eateries i.e. Be Our Guest, Sci-Fi etc

danyoung56

I read this morning that they will take ADRs from 11am to 2pm, and the rest of the time they'll be strictly walk-up. Is this right?

Hockey89

So someone staying at the Beach club not on a DDP may get penalized? Seems crazy to me... The plans suck

danyoung56

So someone staying at the Beach club not on a DDP may get penalized? Seems crazy to me... The plans suck

I'm not sure what being on the DDP has to do with it. ADRs will be taken from 11am to noon, and after that it'll be walk-up only.

Or do I misunderstand your question?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom