PHOTOS - Disney Springs opens its new bus loop

Slowjack

We were at Disney Springs this afternoon around 3pm and there are 3 unloading spaces. However this was not enough as they were all full and our bus stopped at bus stop number 1 to unload, so already the system was being bypassed!
Some of the buses were unloading ecv's and wheelchairs which took a long time so there was a backup of 4 buses in the entrance road and a further 5 buses were waiting on Buena Vista Drive at the traffic lights in the new bus lanes as they were unable to enter the bus station due to the backup. Not a good omen.
This was worse than the bus station at Marketplace, the problem is not with loading it is with unloading, as this caused the backup at Marketplace for years.They should follow the Magic Kingdom system and drive straight to their designated hotel resort stop to unload and load as it is only a short walk to Disney Springs. It has worked well here for years with far greater numbers.
it certainly looks nice, but it doesn't work in practice.
It doesn't look like Disney understood the original problem, I hope they address it soon.
First off, welcome, new poster!
Anyway, I agree that this could be a problem. I understand the desire to make arrival easier and smoother, but the old system, where buses would go to the stop where they were picking up from (not necessarily for the same hotel they were dropping off for) worked fine and they should stick with that. The only problems with the old bus stops, in my opinion, were that they were poorly lit, undersized for busy times, and ran too near car traffic. All of that looks to be remedied by the new loop as long as they use it correctly.

Cmdr_Crimson

So with the new bus loop area which IMO is a great boost compared to the former Marketplace & PI Drop offs...But, how have wait times been for the busses now as each hotel has their own station?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, June 8. As reported by @wdwmagic, the old Marketplace bus terminal is now used for charter buses and a taxi stand. There are two official yellow taxi signs at the first shelter for Mears.

IMG_8003.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom