PHOTOS - Disney Springs opens its new bus loop

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I really like how the newer bus stations remove the need for road crossings. It is so much safer. Epcot needs redoing like this.
The clear drop off point also makes a lot of sense. A great improvement.

I agree EPCOT bus stops need some work definitely

I'm curious about the design to have a different drop off point and then move to a different pickup spot. May just be because of congestion but I could also see where they could use this design where the busses could provide a stop from the parks to Disney Springs (for on-site guests) and not from Disney Springs to the parks? I know the Saratoga Springs busses would certainly benefit from that

Thebolt

I'm curious about the design to have a different drop off point and then move to a different pickup spot. May just be because of congestion but I could also see where they could use this design where the busses could provide a stop from the parks to Disney Springs (for on-site guests) and not from Disney Springs to the parks? I know the Saratoga Springs busses would certainly benefit from that

The only problem with that is the return journey. I guess you would have to make that an unadvertised stop at Disney Springs and hope that not too many people catch onto using it as a park to Disney Spring service?

halltd

I really like how the newer bus stations remove the need for road crossings. It is so much safer. Epcot needs redoing like this.
The clear drop off point also makes a lot of sense. A great improvement.
Where do you cross the street to get to a bus stop at Epcot?

Jlasoon

The Marketplace at Disney Springs is beyond beautiful. It's the best of Disney. It's what we use to get all the time as Disney fans. A definite throwback to the glory days. Both my wife and I - locals - stopped by for dinner a few nights ago. We were just stunned. A beautiful escape from reality. A Disney creation like no other. Details, details and more details. We walked the premise and actually did some shopping following dinner. We didn't want to leave the premise. Had they build a hotel we would have just stayed the night. Disney Springs truly is a stunner. A remarkable experience without a need for CHARACTERS. Anyways, if you're in the Orlando region do yourself a favor and stop by. It's well worth it. And there's no excuse anymore - plenty of parking, new bus terminal, and easy I4 access.

Well with that being said, we decide to jump over to EPCOT for the rest of the evening. Big mistake! Dated, Old, beat-down, decaying... The Springs just puts a massive spotlight on everything that is wrong with Disney World. Everything feels like it needs a facelift now more than ever. The Springs becomes almost insulting to die hard Disney fans. This is what the hotels should look like, this is what the parks deserve, this is what the monorails need, this is essentially what Disney fans love the most about Disney. And yet here we are, a brand new beautiful Disney creation - and it's a shopping mall with restaurants.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know how many buses can unload at once? I'm concerned about a backup when you have three or 4 buses with ECV's to unload.

mm121

I thought that the Marketplace bus stop would be replaced with more stores.
that was definitely the plan, though it seems like they changed it, using it for charter buses isnt a bad idea though
where is the bus parking at disney springs?
The only problem with that is the return journey. I guess you would have to make that an unadvertised stop at Disney Springs and hope that not too many people catch onto using it as a park to Disney Spring service?
they wont ever do bus service to the parks from DS until they perfect technology using the magic bands as bus passes
I love the separate drop off.
Not having to wait for people to get off the bus before getting on is fantastic!
technically your still waiting your just not seeing the unload, unless they are changing to a dynamic dispatching system where the first empty bus goes to the stop most in need of a pickup

CRonaldo7

Does anyone know how many buses can unload at once? I'm concerned about a backup when you have three or 4 buses with ECV's to unload.
We were at Disney Springs this afternoon around 3pm and there are 3 unloading spaces. However this was not enough as they were all full and our bus stopped at bus stop number 1 to unload, so already the system was being bypassed!
Some of the buses were unloading ecv's and wheelchairs which took a long time so there was a backup of 4 buses in the entrance road and a further 5 buses were waiting on Buena Vista Drive at the traffic lights in the new bus lanes as they were unable to enter the bus station due to the backup. Not a good omen.
This was worse than the bus station at Marketplace, the problem is not with loading it is with unloading, as this caused the backup at Marketplace for years.They should follow the Magic Kingdom system and drive straight to their designated hotel resort stop to unload and load as it is only a short walk to Disney Springs. It has worked well here for years with far greater numbers.
it certainly looks nice, but it doesn't work in practice.
It doesn't look like Disney understood the original problem, I hope they address it soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom