Voyage of the Little Mermaid show at Hollywood Studios closing for 4 days in July

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Perhaps the show at "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" is a bit "old" - my wife & I still love it (hey WE are a bit Old) :). All personal opinion - if it's going down for 3 days? The seats & carpets are getting cleaned. And it is not targeted for death just now.... :).

Thank you, WDW :).

The Empress Lilly

The greatest show in the World. ^_^

Just get the effects (all of them) in tiptop condition and then let Mermaid remain forever.

Mermaid and the Studios belong together, they both date from that same miraculous year of 1989, they have a very similar feel to them, products of their era.

disneygeek90

At the very least an updated projection with HD or Blu Ray quality for the screens would be amazing imo. Such a classic deserves to be seen in all it's glory, not the blurry projections it currently has.

SteamboatJoe

My wife would disagree but this is a show I personally would probably put out to pasture, especially now that it has its own ride in MK. I think the only thing that is probably saving is the fact that entire corner of the park, north of Toystory and west of Sunset Boulevard, is going to eventually be replaced or at least seriously revamped so there is probably no sense in investing a lot of cash into any big changes at the moment.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I used to absolutely love this show... But after seeing it last week years later, I was very underwhelmed... It felt so tired and old... Well. That was only when the show relied on the screen. Otherwise, the show was very very good during, say, Under the Sea and Ursula's scene. The puppets have always been impressive... But the screen segments..... They're terribly bad now.. And makes the show feel very cheesy. Scratch the screens, and a narrator (think like the style of the narrator in the beauty and the beast show) to help walk through the story, and it'd be better.

OFP-857

I'd hate for it to go, Since Ariel is my favorite Disney princess. But it definitely needs a lot of TLC. The video quality is downright awful.

Chef Kronk

Ariel and Eric are meeting guests outside VotLM during its refurbishment (Photo Not Mine)

Attachments

• ariel and prince eric.jpg
    ariel and prince eric.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 101

Captain Barbossa

This show needs to have something done. The majority of it is watching poor quality video. The past few times I've done it, Ariel has either sounded like something was dying or she could not project her voice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom