Staggs resigns

Cesar R M

The sixth movie sucked compared to the book. How the hell do you skip Dumbledore's funeral?!?!?!
I wonder the same.They could have gone the route of Lord of the Rings.. leaving a lot of extras in the extended editions.. but "lol nope".
Also they cut a lot that made the stories special... of all the movies, the only that looks most closely to the book.. was #3 and #5

Mike S

I wonder the same.They could have gone the route of Lord of the Rings.. leaving a lot of extras in the extended editions.. but "lol nope".
Also they cut a lot that made the stories special... of all the movies, the only that looks most closely to the book.. was #3 and #5
#5 skipped the huge plot point with Umbridge at the end.
She sent the Dementors that attacked Harry and Dudley.

Captain Chaos

fa15629567c79eaa2638d82871f3e1c0.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

And #5 left out a lot of the book - should have been 2 movies, just like Book #7.

Yeah, I agree, leaving out Dumbledore's funeral from HBP and replacing that whole conversation with Ginny at the lake with him talking to Hermione in the clock tower just didn't have the same effect...

Smiddimizer

I would've said 1 and 2. #5 actually departed from the book quite often, as Mike mentioned. They took the longest book and made it into the shortest movie.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We've taken this thread all over the place , lol. *guilty party raises her hand*

I'm surprised the thread police haven't chastised us for doing so. ;)

lazyboy97o

Actually, I would argue that the huge issue -- it did a **** poor job of "kick starting" the DC film universe. The last thing in the world Warner Bros wanted was a panned and poorly received film, especially in light of Man of Steel getting a mixed reception at best.

The financials of BvS are probably "fine" -- it will pull a small profit which will be a disappointment but the studio can move on. But the impact on the future prospects of the DC film universe is significant -- and bad. They have grandiose plans for a universe like the MCU, but a huge first step is getting the general audiences to enjoy and "buy into" your films. They've failed horrible at that and it bodes poorly going forward. And this problem is going to have a significant impact on the future plans for Warner Bros as the DC films are their major tentpoles so they need them to succeed/
Evidence of this would be the sudden, scrambled reshoots ordered for Suicide Squad to lighten its tone.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For the lols. It just popped in my head :hilarious:

Ah, the anonymity of the Internet... ;)

There are girls who are big geeks, just like the guys. Just ask my daughter...she can expound on the Marvel Universe better than most of her guy friends. I grew up with two older brothers...it came with the territory. Plus, it was more fun playing baseball than playing with my Barbie. Actually, very few of my friends were girly girls. We could beat the crap out of just about any boy in the neighborhood...and I did. That's what he got for throwing a rock and hitting me in the head - a bloody nose, two black eyes and the humiliation of being beaten up by a girl..who wore glasses, no less. My brothers taught me how to fight. :p

Mike S

There are girls who are big geeks, just like the guys. Just ask my daughter...she can expound on the Marvel Universe better than most of her guy friends. I grew up with two older brothers...it came with the territory. Plus, it was more fun playing baseball than playing with my Barbie. Actually, very few of my friends were girly girls. We could beat the crap out of just about any boy in the neighborhood...and I did. That's what he got for throwing a rock and hitting me in the head - a bloody nose, two black eyes and the humiliation of being beaten up by a girl..who wore glasses, no less. My brothers taught me how to fight. :p
*Adopts narrator voice from Hercules*

You go girl.

gmajew

Premium Member
Actually, I would argue that the huge issue -- it did a **** poor job of "kick starting" the DC film universe. The last thing in the world Warner Bros wanted was a panned and poorly received film, especially in light of Man of Steel getting a mixed reception at best.

The financials of BvS are probably "fine" -- it will pull a small profit which will be a disappointment but the studio can move on. But the impact on the future prospects of the DC film universe is significant -- and bad. They have grandiose plans for a universe like the MCU, but a huge first step is getting the general audiences to enjoy and "buy into" your films. They've failed horrible at that and it bodes poorly going forward. And this problem is going to have a significant impact on the future plans for Warner Bros as the DC films are their major tentpoles so they need them to succeed/

All good points but they did establish Wonder Woman and affleck was a better batman then most were expecting.

To much action killed the movie not enough story.

Cesar R M

#5 skipped the huge plot point with Umbridge at the end.
She sent the Dementors that attacked Harry and Dudley.
Agree... there are a ton of parts cut there and here!

I would've said 1 and 2. #5 actually departed from the book quite often, as Mike mentioned. They took the longest book and made it into the shortest movie.

I still wonder why they didnt they made 2 movies of #5.
I mean, they did cut the last abruptly to split it in 2.

Cesar R M

Well, the internet used to have very strong rules regarding who is who in the internet.

like the infamous line of "The Internets.. where men are men, women are men.. and kids are fbi agents"
and the subsequent "There are no women in the internets"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom