New 'Sense of Africa' tour coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Or you could go to the San Diego Safari Park, spend 130 and get an entire night safari and camp out on the Safari, it would be much more memorable.

This example is exactly what I thought about when I read about this offering. Zoos across the country offer all kinds of "up close and personal" encounters with animals for free or at reasonable costs. We have a local small city zoo that allow kids to climb up a platform during feeding time and feed branches to giraffes for nothing. So why is this special? Yeah I get that the safari environment is really cool, but what is actually unique about this? However...if families are willing to spend this money on all these over prices and (sometimes) over-hyped experiences, maybe it will stop the price gouging going on at Disney these days - last month I paid $17.00 for a hamburger, fries and coke at Liberty Inn!! (I mentioned this in another thread, but I will probably keep mentioning it because I am still in shock!):eek::D

But remember kids...Animal Kingdom is
avatarkingdom_nahtazu2001disney.jpg

glvsav37

I guess (for me) the question is how "up close?" to the animals

If it's driving along next them for a few minutes, then no, not worth it to me.
If it's pet, feed and take a selfie with a giraffe, hen sign me up!!!

BernardandBianca

Or you could go to the San Diego Safari Park, spend 130 and get an entire night safari and camp out on the Safari, it would be much more memorable.

We did a few years ago (for about half the cost), and it was great. Main drawback was sleeping on the ground and hearing animals making noise all night long, But definitely worthwhile.

Oh, and just for comparison, we've done two seventeen day safaris in Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, and South Africa), and these are the way to go if you can. The big takeaway is that KS is accurate down to the ninth degree - we can swear the elephant clay pits are casts made from the ground in Ngorongoro Crater.

JoeCamel

I guess (for me) the question is how "up close?" to the animals

If it's driving along next them for a few minutes, then no, not worth it to me.
If it's pet, feed and take a selfie with a giraffe, hen sign me up!!!

You need to go to Bush Gardens for that $20 and a great ride in the back of a truck.

No Name

And this is what I meant when saying that Disney After Hours for $150 a relatively good value.

$250 for a 3.5 hour tour? Crazy, I say, crazy! I am not the biggest fan of animals in enclosures, but still, I do not see what kind of animal interaction or anything would make this worth the price for anyone. Anyway, it's entirely optional, so I can't complain. I hope those who do pay are happy with their experience.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This tour will offer very close encounters with animals not available on any of the other tours see the article screenshots below about it from Disney's Food Blog. Shows folks feeding giraffes and being able get close to Okapis as well and pet them and the giraffes etc. This makes me even more likely to do this tour our next trip.
Also will have special items at breakfast not on the normal menu from Boma just for the tour as well as the normal breakfast offerings at Boma. So excited! ;)

image.png
image.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom