Feb. 21st Star Wars land preview on ABC

michmousefan

Here's a video of the Star Wars land segment:

droid ride.jpg

Sort of looks like the front part of the ride vehicle, on the right side of the image (under the ABC logo in this pic) -- which I assume is the center of the vehicle if it seats four across in front -- is the head of a droid like R5D4... so perhaps the whole vehicle is some sort of an adapted droid that you ride in and guides you around. In the video the head even spins around like a droid. That would certainly make sense if it's a trackless layout; the droids could be essentially mini-pilots, and lots of droids glide around here and there like trackless vehicles.

doctornick

No. It's staying put in DL. (At least until a big tomorrow land redo - currently scheduled for post-pigs learning to fly and Epcot getting fixed).

It most certainly is never becoming a clone of Ironman from HKDL.

No idea what is happening with Star Tours in California, but I do love the logic of changing the ride because it won't be in the same land as the soon to be built other SW stuff, but then offering Iron Man as a theme even though it won't be in the same land as the soon to be built other Marvel stuff.

HauntedMansionFLA

No idea what is happening with Star Tours in California, but I do love the logic of changing the ride because it won't be in the same land as the soon to be built other SW stuff, but then offering Iron Man as a theme even though it won't be in the same land as the soon to be built other Marvel stuff.
DHS has a bit of a problem with where Star Tours is located and some members are saying it will be built at the SOA area going toward LMA area. The tricky thing is that The Muppets is located in between ST and where some are saying SWL will be built. Anyone have some feedback?

jt04

DHS has a bit of a problem with where Star Tours is located and some members are saying it will be built at the SOA area going toward LMA area. The tricky thing is that The Muppets is located in between ST and where some are saying SWL will be built. Anyone have some feedback?
I think after phase 1 opens Kermit will be finding a new lily pad.

SYRIK2000

I think if SWL goes back there it means the end of Muppets in DHS. Pizza Planet could just as easily have droids hocking the pizza.

FrankLapidus

If the Muppets are evicted then I think that that will probably be it for them at WDW.

I don't dislike the Muppets but I think theyd be expendable, it just depends on whether Disney decide that that area would be better served by repurposing it.

wdwgreek

I think this has been discussed before, or at least I know I have asked the same thing,I believe the answer was that Star Wars Land will start at the back end of Echo lake into the current parking lot? I think, please correct me anyone. I still wonder about Muppets being where it is, and or what they are doing in SOA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom