The Boneyard playground at Animal Kingdom refurbishement in February - March 2016

Biff215

Our kids love it in there. The music is fun, but it can be so hot, not unlike the rest of AK. Happy to see it's getting some attention.

Incomudro

My kids had a ball in there, and as an adult who once dreamt of being a Paleontologist - I love the way it feels like a dig site.
Love the songs, and lots of anoles running around too.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 1.

IMG_7469.JPG

DisneyFans4Life

Does this also include the area where kids can dig for fossils? Were there on the 28th and was going to take my daughter for the first time, but the playground was closed...so she ended up digging for fossils for a few minutes.

tribbleorlfl

Does this also include the area where kids can dig for fossils? Were there on the 28th and was going to take my daughter for the first time, but the playground was closed...so she ended up digging for fossils for a few minutes.
Yup, the whole area is closed. Somehow this thread escaped me and my kiddos we bummed to find it closed this past Sat.

tribbleorlfl

Bummer. We're going back at the end of March, so it should be back open by then. I wonder what they're doing to the area.
I couldn't tell, but the last time we were there in the summer, the rubber floor was looking bare in spots and some of the rope ladders showed some signs of wear.

DisneyChik17

Oh, so this is like, just for kids... :confused: .. Noted.

Seriously, I love this section, and it's the only thing in Dinoland that does nearly put me in the hospital.

BEARSHOUSE4

My daughters were always scared of the sound effect when you stepped on the pressure pad. The deep roar came from somewhere out of site, and I enjoyed seeing them jump!

Rob562

For those looking for the music, t's also playing in at least one or two rooms of Restaurantosaurus. (Specifically the Rec Room with the jukebox and Gulfstream trailer)

The idea behind the music selection is that it's the tracks chosen by the paleontologist grad students working in the fossil dig site.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom