D Street becomes Galactic Outpost

YodaMan

Original Poster
This was probably posted a while ago and I just missed it, but nothing seemed to show up in the search bar. But I was at Disney Springs today and it seems D Street has now become Star Wars Galactic Outpost. Not really surprising since the store was almost nothing but Star Wars anyway, but still thought I'd mention it.

YodaMan

Original Poster
Virtually nothing changed within the look of the store at all. Just more Star Wars merch and a sign change.

Basically, it could easily change back to D-Street any time if they want.

Except that all the Vinylmation was removed and got sold off at Cast Connection...

Next Big Thing

Except that all the Vinylmation was removed and got sold off at Cast Connection...
They still sell Vinylmation in other parts of WDW, correct? It can be done overnight. I doubt it will anytime soon, but it could be done.

Vinylmation never quite garnered the pull that Pins have though. It was HUGE for a few years from probably 2010-2013, but interest fell off drastically the past few years. Pins have somehow always remained popular.

mm121

They still sell Vinylmation in other parts of WDW, correct? It can be done overnight. I doubt it will anytime soon, but it could be done.

Vinylmation never quite garnered the pull that Pins have though. It was HUGE for a few years from probably 2010-2013, but interest fell off drastically the past few years. Pins have somehow always remained popular.
i liked some of the vinylmation characters, but didnt want to play lotto with like 9 bucks or whatever they cost.

it was easier to just look on ebay and get the exact one your looking for

RSoxNo1

As far as I can tell, Star Wars Galactic Outpost opened on December 15, 2015. Does anyone know if D Street was closed at all or if this was an overnight transformation?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I was in there on Saturday. They still have the original decor with Star Wars stuff put quickly over it. I thought it was weird when I was inside and was wondering what was up with the decor.

MonorailLover

I was going to make a post about this about 2 weeks ago, but I thought someone else would have already asked. All they've really changed is the signage, and just put only Star Wars Vinylmation on the conveyor belt in the window display.

The newest set of Star Wars Vinylmation is the only Vinylmation they sell there now, and as of last week, I couldn't find ANY Vinylmation in all of Epcot..... So I expect Vinylmation to be a dying fad, unfortunately.

DisneyRoy

Interesting. What did they do with the rest of the stuff? They always seemed to have a decent amount of pop culture collectible type stuff in there too. I would occasionally pick something up there that I had never seen before.

MonorailLover

Interesting. What did they do with the rest of the stuff? They always seemed to have a decent amount of pop culture collectible type stuff in there too. I would occasionally pick something up there that I had never seen before.
Seems to have all been sold to cast members, or moved to an appropriate store.

Flippin'Flounder

They didn't get rid of all other merch over night, it has been fasing out. I don't think there was any non Star Wars merch when I was there in November.

YodaMan

Original Poster
I was going to make a post about this about 2 weeks ago, but I thought someone else would have already asked. All they've really changed is the signage, and just put only Star Wars Vinylmation on the conveyor belt in the window display.

The newest set of Star Wars Vinylmation is the only Vinylmation they sell there now, and as of last week, I couldn't find ANY Vinylmation in all of Epcot..... So I expect Vinylmation to be a dying fad, unfortunately.

Every area seems to be down to one Vinylmation location now. With the exception of the Star Wars ones being sold in the Star Wars stores, Springs has them at the Pin Trading Pavilion and Epcot has them at Mouse Gear and Studios has them at the Stage One store and MK has them at the Emporium and DAK has them at Chester and Hesters. Kinda sad to see the hobby die down so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom