The Magic Carpets of Aladdin closing for brief refurbishment in January 2016

DrummerAlly

My 4 and almost 2 year old girls are going to go bonkers for the Flying Carpets when we visit in September. People need to accept this ride (and the other spinners) for what it is - a toddler eater - and a decent looking and themed one at that.

Go take your big kids, tweens, and teens on the mountains and as you run past the magic carpets on your next trip, just take a deep breath and "Let it go"!

Maybe they're adding in more spit into the camel for you guys. Refurb away WDW!

JoeCamel

My 4 and almost 2 year old girls are going to go bonkers for the Flying Carpets when we visit in September. People need to accept this ride (and the other spinners) for what it is - a toddler eater - and a decent looking and themed one at that.

Go take your big kids, tweens, and teens on the mountains and as you run past the magic carpets on your next trip, just take a deep breath and "Let it go"!

Maybe they're adding in more spit into the camel for you guys. Refurb away WDW!

It is accepted that they just put it in the WRONG place!

DrummerAlly

As I understand it, there isn't any more available space in adventure land due to the railroad tracks. Where else could they have put it?
We usually visit in the off season, but even the trip we took in July several years back, I don't recall the traffic issues caused by the placement to be that bad.

If they stuck it in the middle of the walk way in Morocco in the World Showcase I'd buy the bad placement argument much more.

JoeCamel

Just spend a few hours fighting through the bottlenecks they created with this on a daily basis and you would understand. Should have been shops and carts so the traffic could flow through rather that having to go around.

Lots of room in NFL for spinners and they don't plop them in the middle of the paths. They should have learned when they moved Dumbo. It was moved for the same reason and given a twin.

andysol

I agree- it shouldn't be in adventureland. It should be here:
IMG_2836-small.jpg

:D:D:hungover:

MickeyWiki

As I understand it, there isn't any more available space in adventure land due to the railroad tracks. Where else could they have put it?
We usually visit in the off season, but even the trip we took in July several years back, I don't recall the traffic issues caused by the placement to be that bad.

If they stuck it in the middle of the walk way in Morocco in the World Showcase I'd buy the bad placement argument much more.
My problem hasn't been the bottlenecks, but the way it massacred Adventureland's aesthetics. It really eclipses the Sunshine Pavilion.

DrummerAlly

Just spend a few hours fighting through the bottlenecks they created with this on a daily basis and you would understand. Should have been shops and carts so the traffic could flow through rather that having to go around.

Lots of room in NFL for spinners and they don't plop them in the middle of the paths. They should have learned when they moved Dumbo. It was moved for the same reason and given a twin.

I get that. Sounds like you're there much more than I am, I've never seen a huge bottleneck here which is why it doesn't seem like that big of an issue. While I went to the MK before this ride was there I don't have a clear memory of the land without it so I'm so not upset with the aesthetics. I'm an advocate for it in adventure land because I think the third spinner is needed in MK for the families with little ones and this spreads them out evenly in the park. Aside from replacing something existing, there doesn't seem to be another location. I would buy an argument that it doesn't fit too well thematically in between the jungle cruise and pirates of the caribbean but I can let that go for the sake of my 4 year old who only cares about princess Jasmine.

Marc Davis Fan

I think Magic Carpets changed the experience of Adventureland from being an immersive environment to being an amusement park area. Now you're not in a remote jungle, you're in an amusement park. I think it's partially (though obviously not quite) as problematic as having a spinner in Harambe or Serka Zong (which would ruin the experience of those areas). Why does MK have lower thematic standards? I understand Fantasyland and Tomorrowland having non-immersive rides, as they're based on abstract themes rather than imitating real places. But for Adventureland, just like Frontierland, Liberty Square, and Main Street, shouldn't MK have just as high standards as the other parks, especially considering that it's many people's first experience of a Disney park? Regular guests may not complain about it explicitly, but I think it likely detracts from their experience and overall understanding of what a Disney park is supposed to be and what makes a Disney park different/special.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Do you know where they are? Or does anyone else know where the Adventureland expansion pads are?
IIRC, there is one between Swiss Family and the Crystal Palace as well as another beyond the Jungle Cruise and Pirates that would have an Indiana Jones length-esque queue needed to get you there.

JoeCamel

If they will move/bypass the tracks for other attractions then it certainly could have been done for this. No reason to put a spinner smak dab in the middle unless they were trying to stick one in on the cheap.

Been backstage and in front, there was plenty of room but walk back and forth though this area several times a day and you will feel how out of place it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom