The Diamond Horseshoe now open for holiday week dining

prberk

This is one of the places I wish would return to it's former glory, though it's heavily tinted by the rosy glasses of nostalgia. I just remember grabbing a simple but delicious sandwich and chips, heading upstairs, and eating while watching a comedy routine. Good times.

I am right there with you. There is no reason that this place is not used daily with a comedy or Western act. Just like the Hoop-De-Doo revue it would be fun, interesting, different, while being authentic to a bygone era. Something that actually fits the theme and in these days would seem different.

flyerjab

This is one of the things that Disney does (or does not do) that infuriates me. There are so many guests in the MK at any given time of the year. And yet they refuse to keep places like the Diamond Horseshoe open year round. It drives me nuts as it seems to follow this business model of maximizing guest capacity in the fewest number of QS offerings within the park so that profits in those locations are through the roof. Guest experience aside so that the almighty dollar wins out for the Mouse.

I actually don't mind eating in the parks. I think that Disney is moving to improve their restaurant (TS and QS) offerings throughout the WDW resort. I love BoG and SC (Skipper's Canteen). And we recently had lunch at Pecos Bills with the new tex mex style menu and LOVED it. So much so that we went back the very next day and had lunch there again (rice bowl with spicy beef! :hungry:). The waffle fries stand back in the corner behind Tortuga Tavern is awesome, and we even like to have lunch at PVH in FL.

Where I get angry is places like Cosmic Ray's...it is standard park food that we don't mind at all. In fact, the pasta salad there is very good. However, that particular location is CRUSHED every time we are in the park. As a result, it is miserable to eat there. And the bathrooms there simply can't remain clean unless they have staff in there constantly 24/7. Why not open the Tomorrowland Terrace, or the Diamond Horseshoe, or Tortuga Tavern year round?! Places like Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills would be a little less crazy. It would be easier to find a place to sit and enjoy a QS meal. It would also be easier to keep them clean. Then the guest experience would be more enjoyable. Maybe now that MK is routinely seeing guest levels annually in the 18-19 million range, this might change. It is ludicrous, though, that it has to get to this point before a change is made to how they operate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom