PHOTOS - Morimoto Street Food quick service dining at Disney Springs

JeffBostock

Meh. I was excited when I saw the headline. After looking at the menu, sorry but this menu is mediocre. Didn't realize Morimoto charges $9 for beer. Ridiculous.

Goofyque'

REEEEAAAALLLLYY underwhelmed by this menu. Such lost potential. No Banh Mi Sandwiches? No Tempura Chicken, Fish, Shrimp? No Satay Skewers of anything? I envisioned "Street Food" that I could grab and walk and eat...like real street food should be.

Don't find anything to hate really, but am excited about the Bahn Mi at AK Thirsty River bar and Trek snacks. Looks like lots of new good "street" options there!

note2001

I was hoping for a slightly better 'porch'. The metal chairs don't look very inviting (might have something with it being 25 out right now.)

The menu doesn't look bad, but the selection is awfully small. Was expecting more of a bento box type thing.

dreamfinder

Meh. I was excited when I saw the headline. After looking at the menu, sorry but this menu is mediocre. Didn't realize Morimoto charges $9 for beer. Ridiculous.

That's actually not too bad for being on property. $9 for a 16oz Morimoto Rouge is pretty decent considering California Grill charges $9 for a Harp and Summerfest charges $8.25 for a Warsteiner Dunkel. (And I think both would be 12oz, not 16oz) And even more so when you consider a 22oz bottle of most of his beers with Rogue will cost you $7.50 and up, that's not a bad markup. (Considering a Bud Light will run you $5.25 at Cali Grill, and that would buy you a six pack in some stores)

JeffBostock

That's actually not too bad for being on property. $9 for a 16oz Morimoto Rouge is pretty decent considering California Grill charges $9 for a Harp and Summerfest charges $8.25 for a Warsteiner Dunkel. (And I think both would be 12oz, not 16oz) And even more so when you consider a 22oz bottle of most of his beers with Rogue will cost you $7.50 and up, that's not a bad markup. (Considering a Bud Light will run you $5.25 at Cali Grill, and that would buy you a six pack in some stores)
Didn't realize that it was 16oz so not as bad as I thought. Still though, the menu choices are pretty small.

I made a ressie for the restaurant here in about a week. Looking forward to eating inside. Menu there looks fantastic.

Paul Chris

I'm sorry, this menu is just staggeringly boring. The main restaurant is too safe, even for Disney. Not bothering anything even slightly deconstructed or semi-interesting on something like orange beef and pork dumplings makes you wonder what Morimoto's name is even doing on the door. Now we have this? Egg rolls, california rolls, and fruit salad? It's pretty insulting if they think this is what they have to do for Disney guests. It's like if the American theme restaurants were PB&J on Wonder Bread.

hpyhnt 1000

For comparison...

New:
  • "Snacks" including takoyaki (octopus, nori, okonomiyaki sauce), Morimoto sticky ribs, curry rice croquette, taiyaki (snapper shaped sweet pancake filled with sweet adzuki red bean paste) and pork egg roll (pork, cabbage).
  • "Bao Tacos" including kalbi (kimchi, scallions), chicken teriyaki (spicy mayo, cucumber, lettuce, teriyaki) and pork (spicy mayo, cucumber, lettuce)
  • "Donburi" (rice bowls) in a variety of styles including Japanese beef curry, char-siu don (braised pork belly, scallions, pickled ginger) and chicken teriyaki don (braised chicken, carrots, broccoli).
  • "Sushi (rito) and Onigiri" including California roll (guacamole), shrimp tempura roll (lettuce, cucumber), orange chicken roll (lettuce, sesame, orange glaze), vegetable roll (cucumber, lettuce, carrots, guacamole), sake onigiri (grilled flaked salmon, Morimoto premium white rice) and edamame & shiso onigiri (Morimoto premium white rice).
Old (as posted by @wdwmagic):

Morimoto-Street-Food_Full_26243.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom