Enchanted Tales with Belle removed from evening Extra Magic Hours line-up

dreamfinder

Was it ever busy at night? We usually could walk into late night shows (non EMH) with the only wait being for enough people to actually cast the full show.

dreamfinder

I read from another source that by eliminating Enchated Tales from EMH it frees up a lot of room in the character budget for additional characters during the day.

I can't see it freeing up that much extra room in the budget. It's not like there are multiple characters in the show. So cancelling two hours of EMH doesn't free up that much character budget. It's 2 hours during the day of an equivalent character. Unless the CMs that work the queue, pass out the "costumes" and help in the room hit entertainment and not attractions.

doctornick

I can't see it freeing up that much extra room in the budget. It's not like there are multiple characters in the show. So cancelling two hours of EMH doesn't free up that much character budget. It's 2 hours during the day of an equivalent character. Unless the CMs that work the queue, pass out the "costumes" and help in the room hit entertainment and not attractions.

There's the two Belles at once, but wouldn't there also be the person who "runs" the Wardrobe behind the scenes? I would think that person would be entertainment. Does someone run Lumiere or is he automated?

dreamfinder

There's the two Belles at once, but wouldn't there also be the person who "runs" the Wardrobe behind the scenes? I would think that person would be entertainment. Does someone run Lumiere or is he automated?

Even still, looking at 5 people for 2 hours. So maybe freeing up budget for 1 character for a day. (Assuming face/"talent" gets more than fur) Doesn't strike me as "a lot of room" in entertainment budget.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Even still, looking at 5 people for 2 hours. So maybe freeing up budget for 1 character for a day. (Assuming face/"talent" gets more than fur) Doesn't strike me as "a lot of room" in entertainment budget.
I don't think it's just a face-versus-fur premium. I think those Belles are more expensive.

Tom P.

These day's it's all about nickles and dimes at WDW. Meanwhile dollars fly over their heads because they will not INVEST in the parks.
How long are we going to keep trotting out this "Disney will not invest in the parks" line? Okay, I grant you that Bob Iger ignored the parks for too long. But it's simply no longer true today.

Have you missed the expansion/rebuild of Disney Springs? The building of Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom? New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom? Star Wars and Toy Story lands at Hollywood Studios? At this very moment, Disney is investing literally billions of dollars in Walt Disney World. And there are massive projects going on out in California at Disneyland as well. Not to mention the fact that they've got applications in process to develop a ton of undeveloped acres of the Walt Disney World property.

I just don't see how anyone can claim that Disney is not investing in the parks.

MagicHappens1971

When I went earlier this year, we couldn't go into the show during the EMH because there wasn't enough people, and the cast members asked us to tell Disney that they should remove it from EMH. Glad they did

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
How long are we going to keep trotting out this "Disney will not invest in the parks" line? Okay, I grant you that Bob Iger ignored the parks for too long. But it's simply no longer true today.

Have you missed the expansion/rebuild of Disney Springs? The building of Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom? New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom? Star Wars and Toy Story lands at Hollywood Studios? At this very moment, Disney is investing literally billions of dollars in Walt Disney World. And there are massive projects going on out in California at Disneyland as well. Not to mention the fact that they've got applications in process to develop a ton of undeveloped acres of the Walt Disney World property.

I just don't see how anyone can claim that Disney is not investing in the parks.

Until TWDC bloody well starts INVESTING in the parks again, Spending money != INVESTING.

Right now depreciation is running about equal to the current CAPEX in the park, That's not INVESTING. At one time TWDC (and UNI - NOW is ) invested approximately 18-24% of gross receipts in CAPEX, Right now even WITH the supposed expansion plans Disney is on track to spend about 8.8% of gross receipts on domestic CAPEX, When you consider that SixFlags is spending 12.8% on CAPEX and UNI is spending north of 20% on CAPEX. Disney is at the back of the pack relative to reinvesting in their product.

Currently TWDC P&R domestic CAPEX is now at the lowest point it's been in company HISTORY. Stop looking at the 'billions' TWDC touts and look at the RATIO of Revenue to Growth CAPEX (defined as any CAPEX in excess of annual depreciation). Basically Domestic P&R has been an ATM for ill-advised foreign investments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom