Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks opening Dec 12 at Animal Kingdom

cspencer96

I agree with you completely about Africa and Asia- except in this case.
They seem to normally "weather" their signs making them look old. Or- they go with gorgeous carved wooden signs. This- appears to be a shiny brand new canvas and doesn't really blend in with the old dilapidated look of its surroundings.
It definitely is aged a bit, just look at it again. Plus, not every business in Anandapur is old and failing. This could be a new enterprise, set up to take advantage of business from the nearby Himalayan Escapes tours of the Forbidden Mountain. Remember, Anandapur and Harambe are both active, living communities. They evolve over time, and therefore have varying degrees of renewal and decay.

RayTheFirefly

I agree with you completely about Africa and Asia- except in this case.
They seem to normally "weather" their signs making them look old. Or- they go with gorgeous carved wooden signs. This- appears to be a shiny brand new canvas and doesn't really blend in with the old dilapidated look of its surroundings.
It's appropriately weathered, IMO. There are even faux rust/water stains around the edges and dripping down the front of it in some places. It looks like an appropriate painted metal sign that a business like that would use.

andysol

It's appropriately weathered, IMO. There are even faux rust/water stains around the edges and dripping down the front of it in some places. It looks like an appropriate painted metal sign that a business like that would use.
I was on iPhone this morning- and clearly my eyes are dying. Its def. weathered. For some reason it looked sparkling new to me. Disregard my comment. Move along, move along. :)

Goofyque'

Bahn mi and sushi!! Another place I can't wait to try! And right next to my beloved Everest! May be able to break my standing record of 12 rides in a row! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom