Hollywood and Vine begins year round seasonal dine with Minnie Mouse

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Not if you end up telling a portion of your fan base to take a hike.
See, but this is what you're missing. Nobody is taking a hike. We could debate the merits of price versus volume until we're blue in the face, but the fact is that Disney is winning on price and volume. They're charging more than ever and still attracting more guests than ever. In theory, you're correct. At a certain price point, people are going to stop showing up. But common sense and the statistics proved that we have not yet reached that price point.

ETA: For the record, I'd never spend that kind of cash for a character meal.

Worldlover71

Does this mean that this area of the park is safe from the Star Wars-related bulldozers or just that they will not start construction in this area until after next year?

Disneyhead'71

See, but this is what you're missing. Nobody is taking a hike. We could debate the merits of price versus volume until we're blue in the face, but the fact is that Disney is winning on price and volume. They're charging more than ever and still attracting more guests than ever. In theory, you're correct. At a certain price point, people are going to stop showing up. But common sense and the statistics proved that we have not yet reached that price point.

ETA: For the record, I'd never spend that kind of cash for a character meal.
We are certainly seeing an attendance bump. Why is the question. Maybe it is the plethora of new amazing attractions Disney is offering. Maybe it is 7 years of pent up vacation demand because of the recession. Or maybe Potter is bringing more folks to Orlando who do Disney while here.

I'm hearing horror stories concerning guest satisfaction now because of the crowds, the lack of capacity (particularly concerning dining) and and the labor intensive planning required to get the full experience. Sky rocketing prices and bad guest satisfaction is unsustainable.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We are certainly seeing an attendance bump. Why is the question. Maybe it is the plethora of new amazing attractions Disney is offering. Maybe it is 7 years of pent up vacation demand because of the recession. Or maybe Potter is bringing more folks to Orlando who do Disney while here.
Or people just like Disney? Disney could never again build a new thing and people would still go. When you like something as it is, you don't get all agitated when it doesn't change fast enough.

I'm hearing horror stories concerning guest satisfaction now because of the crowds, the lack of capacity (particularly concerning dining) and and the labor intensive planning required to get the full experience. Sky rocketing prices and bad guest satisfaction is unsustainable.
You're changing the subject. Your first point was "Disney is too expensive," now there's not enough dining capacity? If it were so expensive, there should be oodles of dining capacity, right? I did a quick search just for funsies and there are over FIFTY restaurants with availability for a family of four to have dinner TONIGHT. So capacity isn't hurting too bad.

"Labor intensive planning," give me a break. I've engaged with my upcoming vacation a handful of times and it's fun. I know you live in Orlando so you don't get the same escapism out of your vacations as those of us from up north get, but picking out restaurants and making Fastpass reservations ahead of time isn't a burden, it's a treat, especially when you have kids.

Disneyhead'71

Or people just like Disney? Disney could never again build a new thing and people would still go. When you like something as it is, you don't get all agitated when it doesn't change fast enough.

You're changing the subject. Your first point was "Disney is too expensive," now there's not enough dining capacity? If it were so expensive, there should be oodles of dining capacity, right? I did a quick search just for funsies and there are over FIFTY restaurants with availability for a family of four to have dinner TONIGHT. So capacity isn't hurting too bad.

"Labor intensive planning," give me a break. I've engaged with my upcoming vacation a handful of times and it's fun. I know you live in Orlando so you don't get the same escapism out of your vacations as those of us from up north get, but picking out restaurants and making Fastpass reservations ahead of time isn't a burden, it's a treat, especially when you have kids.
In the 4th post of this thread, my first concerning cost. I talk about capacity and the price increase because of it. It is so expensive BECAUSE they lack capacity. That was my whole point.

DisneyFans4Life

I'm in Tampa and I do the same thing. In fact, I'm already booking ADRs for the end of April. As soon as the reservation window gets extended to a new weekend, I typically will make something. Even if we don't end up going, I can always cancel. This way it allows us to eat at places that we really want. I find it very fun to pick stuff out. Like I said, I'm in Tampa and I still plan stuff out because it's fun and exciting.

Disneyhead'71

You guys also live on a Disney forum. You are not the average traveler. Regular folks don't make a hobby of planning Disney trips. They don't have special Disney Trip Planning Binders filled with spreadsheets and touring plans. Normal travelers consider that behavior kinda odd.

DisneyFans4Life

You guys also live on a Disney forum. You are not the average traveler. Regular folks don't make a hobby of planning Disney trips. They don't have special Disney Trip Planning Binders filled with spreadsheets and touring plans. Normal travelers consider that behavior kinda odd.
I don't have any binders or Excel spreadsheets lol. I truly just enjoy going to Disney and being in that environment. I usually don't let heavy crowds get to me because I make FPs for the attractions I truly want to do. I fill in the rest with what's available. I know...I'm a Disney freak...can't help it. Why else would I pay $47 for a buffet haha.

Disneyhead'71

If we want to continue this convo, we should start another thread. We've really junked this one up. Mom should probably bring out the big pink erasure and clean it up for us. I think there are only about 5 posts over 2 pages about the actual new character meal.

rob0519

I just booked a dinner reservation for my wife and I and our 20 month old for November 21st. $46.99 is a bit much...but I'll pay it for all you can eat and to see the characters all dressed up.

I just tried to book dinner for a party of 5 on 11/21 and of course there are no tables available. Yes, there may be 50 or so restaurants with availability on any given day, probably less on weekends, but there will always be the more popular restaurants and ones with character dining that are almost always fully booked. I know people in Tampa and Orlando that make multiple reservations as soon as the days become available for the weekends and then wait until the day before to cancel the ones they don't want. Things like that make it difficult on the out of town travelers.

rucifee

I just tried to book dinner for a party of 5 on 11/21 and of course there are no tables available. Yes, there may be 50 or so restaurants with availability on any given day, probably less on weekends, but there will always be the more popular restaurants and ones with character dining that are almost always fully booked. I know people in Tampa and Orlando that make multiple reservations as soon as the days become available for the weekends and then wait until the day before to cancel the ones they don't want. Things like that make it difficult on the out of town travelers.

I tried to get an ADR yesterday while I was in the park, nope, 9:40 was the earliest reservation in MK and only one reservation was available at one restaurant. At 9:40 I'm already on my way home because work.

Oh well, more money in the bank today thanks to MK's awful dining capacity. Passholders, we don't spend money! That's right, because we can't! :banghead:

rob0519

We're taking a quick 3 night trip starting Nov. 21 when we return from a cruise. I wish it was DCL, but at their prices we had to settle for NCL this time around. So far, over the last three weeks, the only dining ADR I could get, that we wanted, is a 9:00 PM at Crystal Palace. I was hoping Liberty Tree Tavern would be open by then, but it doesn't look like the refurb will be finished. With the crowds in the park and the dining packages, a walk up table service in the parks is totally a thing of the past.

DisneyFans4Life

Waiting until the day before to cancel is pretty harsh and can definitely mess things up for people traveling in from out of town; I can see how that can be frustrating. Though there may be situations where something came up at the last minute and they had to cancel for whatever reason. It is my practice to make reservations as soon as the day is available, but I cancel as soon as I find out I'm not going. Being in Tampa and so close to WDW...we really don't have to "plan" a trip far in advance. Though if I were out of town and planning a trip to WDW...I'd probably be planning more than 6 months out and then making ADRs as soon as the dates become available.

But back on topic...I really think this is a nice addition to the park and this restaurant. The idea of changing the theming and menu up seasonally is brilliant! I wonder if this kind of thing will trickle into the other character dinings like at Crystal Palace.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
But Handy is soo memorable... Not. I just know there was always space to eat there anytime because the characters they had were not a big draw.

ToTBellHop

But Handy is soo memorable... Not. I just know there was always space to eat there anytime because the characters they had were not a big draw.
Well it's the only meal in all of WDW specifically made for toddlers and preschoolers. Surely they can be given ONE option? He's quite memorable to 3-year olds. And seeing the looks on my kids' faces at seeing him makes it memorable for me.

More on topic, if the food is good, I think it'll be awesome to see these characters dressed for Halloween next year! We have the Christmas dinner booked this year so I am eagerly awaiting food reviews next week. This location hasn't been historically noted for serving good food. Hopefully that will change with the price increase and introduction of seasonal food.

alissafalco

Does anyone know when the booking window will open for March-June? It's 4 months away and the website just says booking not yet available. Seems odd why we can't book yet.
image.jpg

Tony the Tigger

They're sending out Tables in Wonderland invites for this now. At first I thought it was something different/special, but it's just the Minnie/Vine thingy.

Minnie Mouse is inviting all of her friends to join her at Hollywood & Vine, where she’s hosting a fabulous dinner party celebrating the glamour of Hollywood!

silver_logo.jpg

Awards season is almost upon us, and the glitz and glamour of Tinseltown is in the air! From January 4 to March 20 celebrate the magic of the movies at Hollywood & Vine--the hottest spot in town this award season. Walk the red carpet and get ready for your close-up with some of the biggest stars of the silver screen. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy are dressed in their designer best. It’s the perfect Hollywood party filled with dazzling décor and a musical score.

Of course, no fabulous Hollywood party is complete without stellar eats. Scene-stealing soups (including the famous creamy popcorn soup, garnished with caramelized popcorn), best supporting appetizers, best leading entrees (bacon-wrapped pork loin, lobster and shrimp macaroni and cheese and honey-bourbon glazed turkey are headliners) and themed desserts are on the menu.

Mickey_Minnie.jpg

Minnie’s Seasonal Dining events cost $46.99 per adult and $27.99 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Tables in Wonderland discount will be accepted.

Reservations are now open for Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine, and can be made by visiting www.DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

For more information regarding Minnie’s Silver Screen dining and all of Minnie’s Seasonal Dining experiences, please click here.

Disclaimer: Separate Theme Park admission required. All event details, including menus and available discounts are subject to cancellation or change without notice.

view

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom