DHS Permit

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, lots of different pieces that need to come together. What concerns me at this point is that they are still in the permitting process for the access road which means that road is still a ways off. I wonder how much work they are going to do within the park before this road get's built.
One would hope they have the infrastructure up and running prior to the expansions opening.

DHS in its current state could not handle the increased crowds form the final year of the Osborne Lights. Could you imagine the carnage if they tried to open SWL with the current roads and parking in place?

Ripken10

One would hope they have the infrastructure up and running prior to the expansions opening.

DHS in its current state could not handle the increased crowds form the final year of the Osborne Lights. Could you imagine the carnage if they tried to open SWL with the current roads and parking in place?
I completely agree with you...but I do think you would have a higher percentage of day visitors (locals in cars) for Osborne Lights than for Star Wars Land -- still think they will fix the parking situation first...but I think the amount of car traffic for Osborne lights could be comparable

HauntedMansionFLA

I completely agree with you...but I do think you would have a higher percentage of day visitors (locals in cars) for Osborne Lights than for Star Wars Land -- still think they will fix the parking situation first...but I think the amount of car traffic for Osborne lights could be comparable
You can always think back when Disney had that Villains Friday the 13th party that wasn't an up charge. It was part of your regular park ticket. Long story story, traffic was so backed up that people were bumper to bumper for hours. They can refer to that event plus this past year being the Osborne Lights last year as a wake up call about their parking issues. Just think about the opening day for SWL!

RSoxNo1

I don't have the exact dates that they started construction on the Orange garage, but it looks like it took about 15-18 months.

msteel

I don't have the exact dates that they started construction on the Orange garage, but it looks like it took about 15-18 months.

I haven't been following DS closely - was that garage poured in place? Could it be that DHS would have prefab garages that would go up faster?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom