PHOTOS - Mickey Mouse meet and greet moves to new set at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TyrantBoss

As big a star as Mickey is, why doesn't Disney set him up with a permanent Meet and Greet location at Hollywood Studios that really captures the star power of Mickey.
The Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom is a good example. Mickey needs his own permanent exhibit. Hell...they have Princess Fairytale Hall for Princesses for crying out loud.

Jon81uk

As big a star as Mickey is, why doesn't Disney set him up with a permanent Meet and Greet location at Hollywood Studios that really captures the star power of Mickey.
The Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom is a good example. Mickey needs his own permanent exhibit. Hell...they have Princess Fairytale Hall for Princesses for crying out loud.

I think you sort of answered that, Mickey has a a whole area dedicated to him at Town Square theater.

DHS should have different characters rather than just having Mickey, Minnie, Donald at every park.

Cmdr_Crimson

Kind of a problem when they are getting ready to re-imagine the park...What they have for him is fine for now...I'm sure they will have something for him eventually...MK's Town Square Theater, AK's Creature Comforts, and Epcot's Character spot show that if they have one for each of the park they will have one for him for the Studio's...

TyrantBoss

I think you sort of answered that, Mickey has a a whole area dedicated to him at Town Square theater.

DHS should have different characters rather than just having Mickey, Minnie, Donald at every park.

Of course they should have different characters, but Mickey should be in ALL of the parks. The big four Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy should always be in all parks prominently.

asianway

Of course they should have different characters, but Mickey should be in ALL of the parks. The big four Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy should always be in all parks prominently.
A soundstage dedicated to him in a special outfit with an elaborate backdrop isn't enough?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Actually, I don't agree with this at all.

I hate the fact that Stitch and Chip and Dale are so easy to find EVERYWHERE...

This isn't the same era as the 80's where Disney had to backtrack and shove the fab four into every nook and cranny. Not that I mind them there, I think Animal Kingdom does a pretty decent job flipping things around. Hollywood Studios, with the refurbs planned, really doesn't need it, and it frankly doesn't fit anymore with the Animation stuff gone (and Walt's section leaving).

I'd rather unique and rarer characters spread around property. I think Animal Kingdom does a really good job of this. EPCOT...not so much. I am fine with what they do back in World Showcase, but FutureWorld is just...sad and cluttered. The Character Spot is just out of theme and out of place, and Garden Grill has no special theming associated with the characters (say, Farmer Mickey, that would be ok, but they don't do that...just standard costumes)...

That said, I'd rather see far more streetmosphere as well, aside from meet and greets everywhere with the standard C&D and Stitch (you'll have a million of those autographs before your trip is over...:p)

DisneyFans4Life

I think it would be great to have different characters around the four parks, but I don't think it would be a good idea to have them just roaming around. It would be chaos and the streets would be crowded more than they are already. I like the idea of Mickey and Minnie being at the parks with different costumes, but I'd like to be able to meet other characters as well that we don't typically see these days.

friendofafriend

This isn't the same era as the 80's where Disney had to backtrack and shove the fab four into every nook and cranny. Not that I mind them there, I think Animal Kingdom does a pretty decent job flipping things around. Hollywood Studios, with the refurbs planned, really doesn't need it, and it frankly doesn't fit anymore with the Animation stuff gone (and Walt's section leaving).

I'd rather unique and rarer characters spread around property. I think Animal Kingdom does a really good job of this. EPCOT...not so much. I am fine with what they do back in World Showcase, but FutureWorld is just...sad and cluttered. The Character Spot is just out of theme and out of place, and Garden Grill has no special theming associated with the characters (say, Farmer Mickey, that would be ok, but they don't do that...just standard costumes)...

That said, I'd rather see far more streetmosphere as well, aside from meet and greets everywhere with the standard C&D and Stitch (you'll have a million of those autographs before your trip is over...:p)
Actually, the only place you can meet Stitch now is at breakfast at 'Ohana and Mickey does wear a farmer outfit (overalls and plaid shirt) at Garden Grill and Pluto also has a special collar there. I'm not disagreeing with your general point just thought I should point that out.

asianway

Given most of the VIPs have outfits for many of the countries, Character Spot represents the absolute worst place they should be meeting in the entire park. Random pop up sets around the countries should be the norm. Close CS, thin out the princesses once they open the new sweatshop, and do randoms at the fountain and both sides Of FW

DisneyFans4Life

Actually, the only place you can meet Stitch now is at breakfast at 'Ohana and Mickey does wear a farmer outfit (overalls and plaid shirt) at Garden Grill and Pluto also has a special collar there. I'm not disagreeing with your general point just thought I should point that out.
I'm trying to think of where you can meet the big four in the different parks:

MK - Mickey in the theatre and Minnie, Goofy and Donald at the circus
AK - Mickey and Minnie at Adventures Outpost, Donald in Dinoland. Can you meet Goofy at AK?
HS - Mickey at the new M&G, but where can you meet Minnie, Goofy and Donald? I know Minnie used to be right near Mickey, but now that's all closed off.
Epcot - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald all at the Character Spot. Plus if you're a Disney Visa card holder, you can also see them at the Visa card holder spot.

Jon81uk

I'm trying to think of where you can meet the big four in the different parks:

MK - Mickey in the theatre and Minnie, Goofy and Donald at the circus
AK - Mickey and Minnie at Adventures Outpost, Donald in Dinoland. Can you meet Goofy at AK?
HS - Mickey at the new M&G, but where can you meet Minnie, Goofy and Donald? I know Minnie used to be right near Mickey, but now that's all closed off.
Epcot - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald all at the Character Spot. Plus if you're a Disney Visa card holder, you can also see them at the Visa card holder spot.
At DHS Minnie meets at Disney Junior.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That's right...I remember reading a thread on it. I haven't been to DHS since they moved it. I don't think you can meet Goofy or Donald at DHS though. You do get to meet Sully and Mike though; that's kind of a hidden gem. There's NEVER a long line for them.
Goofy and Donald are at Center Stage - the former hat area.

DisneyFans4Life

Goofy and Donald are at Center Stage - the former hat area.
Is this new? I haven't seen them there. The last time I was at DHS was during Dapper Day and that area was being used by large groups. Are you referring to the area near the statues near Echo Lake? If so, I think I can remember seeing them there now that you're mentioning it. I'll have to take a peek the next time I'm at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom