PHOTOS - Epcot's Japan Pavilion gallery updated with new 'Kawaii - Japan’s Cute Culture' exhibit

ABQ

What is that Minnie made out of? wax? glass?

Not 100% sure - shows how observant I am. The outside is some type of plastic/resin. My daughter think the inside is just random objects.
It's not actually a Minnie, though not a crazy assumption, given the bow and all, I clipped this from @wdwmagic 's photo gallery, if you zoom in you can read the description.
10-21-2015 7-43-12 AM.jpg

edit, oops, sorry @alissafalco and @Retroman40 , I meant to quote within the other thread posting but hit this one instead, but they are related threads anyway.

Bairstow

I get the sense that the quiet, meditative atmosphere that existed with the old exhibit has been replaced with chatter and sequels of delight.
Not a bad thing, I really only recall the paper cranes that were on exhibit here, but they and the quiet tones will be missed.

Wasn't "Spirited Beasts" always kinda clogged up with Inuyasha, and later, Naruto fankids?
Not exactly the atmosphere I would describe as "meditative."
The back of the Japanese Pavilion has long been the Hot Topic store of Disney World.

wdwgreek

Its nice to see cultural exhibits being changed out and updated. The morocco one hasn't changed in a few years, but I look forward to checking this one out in March! Thanks for the pics!

note2001

Not 100% sure - shows how observant I am. The outside is some type of plastic/resin. My daughter think the inside is just random objects.

From a distance, to me, it looks like it's made out of wads of chewed bubble gum. :D
However, the zoomed pic shows it's filled with dollar store type toys, the kind you can get bag fulls of.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom