'My Disney Experience' app update provides more PhotoPass features

dan8302

Meh. I like that they keep adding features to the app, it shows that they are thinking about how personal technology is starting to play in integral part of the park experience. That being said this feels more like bloatware rather than a feature anyone is going to use.

rtiller

I could see this working for some but I like using the MagicBand myself. The many uses of the MagicBand has been the best thing to come out of this whole program in my opinion. I put it on before I leave the house for the airport and it gets me on DME, into my room when it's ready, into the parks, acts as my payment method and PhotoPass card.

Rob562

I could see this working for some but I like using the MagicBand myself. The many uses of the MagicBand has been the best thing to come out of this whole program in my opinion. I put it on before I leave the house for the airport and it gets me on DME, into my room when it's ready, into the parks, acts as my payment method and PhotoPass card.

Though not everyone in the parks are staying on-site and have a Magic Band, but can still use the MDE app.

-Rob

rtiller

Though not everyone in the parks are staying on-site and have a Magic Band, but can still use the MDE app.

-Rob

Right, I was just speaking of myself. Although, I know for me I would even be more likely to use my ticket/pass (if they still take those) if I didn't have a MagicBand as opposed to a bar code on my phone. I don't fault them for adding it, no harm in that, but it seems like more steps involved than just using a card.

This coming from a guy who loves techie stuff but still takes a debit/credit card from my wallet to make a purchase rather than use my phone. Stuck in my ways with some things and not others I guess.

freediverdude

Mm hmm, they're making it super easy for those people with the new annual passes, aren't they. And people without, hey, you can unlock this section of My Disney Experience and see your photos if you get one of the new passes. Evil plan.

Herah

What I've found with things like boarding passes and insurance cards is that I don't like handing strangers my phone. So I use the paper by preference, but I have it on my phone as a backup.

Maybe not an issue if they have handheld scanners.

mnrlblue

Mm hmm, they're making it super easy for those people with the new annual passes, aren't they. And people without, hey, you can unlock this section of My Disney Experience and see your photos if you get one of the new passes. Evil plan.
Except you don't need the new passes to use the QR or view your photos. You do need a pass or MM to download the photos.

dreamfinder

The QR code is just like the ones on the back of the existing plastic Photopass card. All they are doing is giving you another way to get a QR code without having to get a plastic card. Doesn't matter if you have a pass or not.

What I've found with things like boarding passes and insurance cards is that I don't like handing strangers my phone. So I use the paper by preference, but I have it on my phone as a backup.

Maybe not an issue if they have handheld scanners.

I've found that when you have a boarding pass on your phone the employee does everything in their power to avoid touching it. TSA tells me to put it on the scanner to have them scan it, and every gate agent I've seen (10 flights in the last month) has just shown me where to hold my phone for it to be scanned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom