Big changes coming to Annual Passes

WDWGuide

Is this accurate that you won't get a renewal discount when you downgrade???

We previously downgraded from the premium pass to the standard resident annual pass when we renewed in August prior to the price increases and we're still able to purchase it at the renewal rate.

Have they stripped that away?

We renewed from Annual to Silver at guest services in the Studios and got the renewal discount.

Sonconato

You stated something that I have been thinking about. Based on various articles, Disney is claiming this was done to address overcrowding during peak times. We're APer's and we go weekly and see the difference in the crowds, but keep in mind it is only on weekends. Weekdays may be entirely different. There are two crowds:

• The "busy times of year" when black-out dates are in effect and seasonal passholders cannot go.

• The off season time of year when seasonal passholders are able to attend.
Based on our experience, it is clearly more crowded during the off season due to the local seasonal passholders…at least on the weekends. You mentioned that you didn't go as much due to parking costs which is certainly understandable. Now that parking costs are included, and I agree, that is a much better deal for those passholders with black-out dates, is this really going to improve crowds? With that said, since we find that off season is more crowded ON THE WEEKENDS, it seems that it's actually going to get even worse. I guess we'll wait and see.
Weird replying to myself, but as far as I'm concerned, I guessed right. I know that this is bringing back an old thread, but in this case, it was necessary to prove a point. That point being that the Parks are clearly very much more crowded than they used to be as I stated over a year ago when the price of the AP increases were announced. This is most definitely the case on weekends, therefore, once again, Disney’s plan to reduce crowds has failed miserably. Last weekend was a NIGHTMARE and all other weekends have been very near that as well!

ToTBellHop

Weird replying to myself, but as far as I'm concerned, I guessed right. I know that this is bringing back an old thread, but in this case, it was necessary to prove a point. That point being that the Parks are clearly very much more crowded than they used to be as I stated over a year ago when the price of the AP increases were announced. This is most definitely the case on weekends, therefore, once again, Disney’s plan to reduce crowds has failed miserably. Last weekend was a NIGHTMARE and all other weekends have been very near that as well!

You are anecdotally using the weekend before Christmas being crowded to prove that the parks are crowded?

**Stacy**

You are anecdotally using the weekend before Christmas being crowded to prove that the parks are crowded?
Disney Springs was pretty insane on the morning of December 9th (a Friday). I went to the MK on Tuesday December 13th and there was a 45 minute wait for the Haunted Mansion. 50 minutes for Pirates, 10 minutes for Little Mermaid though, I didn't pay any attention to the mountains. I was pretty much over the crowds and left after 4 hours. (I heard quite a bit of bellyaching over food prices as I maneuvered through crowds, and I saw lots of PB&J's from home...and a Domino's pizza). I am hoping January lightens up a bit crowd-wise. Glad I only bought a Silver AP, in hindsight probably would have been better off buying a weekday pass while I am trying to find my "happy" at Disney again.

ToTBellHop

Disney Springs was pretty insane on the morning of December 9th (a Friday). I went to the MK on Tuesday December 13th and there was a 45 minute wait for the Haunted Mansion. 50 minutes for Pirates, 10 minutes for Little Mermaid though, I didn't pay any attention to the mountains. I was pretty much over the crowds and left after 4 hours. (I heard quite a bit of bellyaching over food prices as I maneuvered through crowds, and I saw lots of PB&J's from home...and a Domino's pizza). I am hoping January lightens up a bit crowd-wise. Glad I only bought a Silver AP, in hindsight probably would have been better off buying a weekday pass while I am trying to find my "happy" at Disney again.
To be fair, MK is *always* crowded from about 10 am on. I've gone at various times of year and it has no impact. Meanwhile, on the same trips, I'd sporadically see the other three parks largely empty.

NearTheEars

Thankfully because of FP+ crowds really don't effect our visits. We rarely stay for an entire day, so we always get those three headliners in then can pick and chose what else we want to do based on wait times. I know a lot of locals hate FP+, but it's worked marvelously for us and our touring style.

We went to Disney Springs (to see Rogue One) Saturday night and it was very crowded. As was DHS on Sunday. But that was to be expected this time of year.

We're blacked out now (silver pass) so we won't be back until next year (haha).

Sonconato

And I would venture to guess that this coming Saturday...Christmas Eve, will be substantially better. I've posted videos from similar times last year proving so. This happens just at the start of summer too.

Tony the Tigger

AK was fine at lunchtime and Epcot was fine at night but a little crowded because of EMH.

MK closed early the night before for Christmas party and had EMH on Wed, so I'm guessing those things pushed more people to Tuesday.

Thankfully because of FP+ crowds really don't effect our visits. We rarely stay for an entire day, so we always get those three headliners in then can pick and chose what else we want to do based on wait times. I know a lot of locals hate FP+, but it's worked marvelously for us and our touring style.

Same here!

Kman101

And since I was there ... Universal was fairly crowded but still not unmanageble and actually pleasant to walk around, but I don't understand the insane crowding that goes on at the front entrace to Universal? Like insane but once inside ... And I know the Minions are popular but wow at people willing to wait so long for that attraction? I don't quite get that.

Anyway ... back to Disney ....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom