Disney launches a dedicated Disney Springs website to introduce its new identity

PinnySmart

I looked for the cookie kiosk on the new Disney Springs site and I don't see it. It's called Flour and Sugar. Does anyone know if it is still open? I went to Earl of Sandwich a few days ago but I didn't walk down to the causeway. Out of all of the Florida inspired cookies they have, there was one that I liked. If anyone knows please reply.

DisneyDrum

I looked for the cookie kiosk on the new Disney Springs site and I don't see it. It's called Flour and Sugar. Does anyone know if it is still open? I went to Earl of Sandwich a few days ago but I didn't walk down to the causeway. Out of all of the Florida inspired cookies they have, there was one that I liked. If anyone knows please reply.

Unfortunately Flour and Sugar closed - see the post from @WDWtraveler at the end of this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/marketplace-causeway-construction.879954/page-8

DisneyDrum

Maybe I'm getting too old, but that website makes my head hurt. Everything moves and zooms in and out and there's barely any white space. Wow! Sensory overload.

No, I don't think it's because you're getting too old. www.disneysprings.com is just a terrible example of web design. Just because HTML5 lets you animate things does't mean that everything has to move around. And the menu bar disappearing and reappearing...sometimes simpler is better.

halltd

The other pages look nice. The whole "now" and "tomorrow" pages are horrible, though. I agree about the menu bar, too. Just leave it there.

Sped2424

WDWDS-15-44912-Disney-Springs-Construction-Wall-3-Panel-JWM2-613x387.jpg

Loving this new image.

French Quarter

I like that it has it's own website. I find it quite userfriendly, unlike the main Disney World page. Everything you need is right there and the information is complete...it doesn't just direct you to the things it wants you to look at. I can see what people say about the animation making you dizzy. That seems unnecessary. But I do like the photographs and the vibe that it's giving off. It does make it seem exciting.

I'm also amazed that there are 42 dining options. I assume that includes every snack bar, etc. but still that's impressive. There's not a lot different in stores though from when it was branded as Downtown Disney.

I hope Disney decides to take this format to the parks and makes separate websites for each that are this iPad/touch screen sort of style.

PinnySmart

Unfortunately Flour and Sugar closed - see the post from @WDWtraveler at the end of this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/marketplace-causeway-construction.879954/page-8
Thanks for the update. I was afraid it wouldn't last. I don't think cookies can hold up to the brutal Florida heat. It was owned by Iced Bakery. I think it is still in business but not sure.

I also agree about the new website. I like it but it is very busy and a little weird to navigate. I know it is just a big lifestyle center like mall but it is very well done from what I've seen so far and at least the dining locations are unique. I had rather the money go into the parks but the crowds have outgrown what was once Downtown Disney so I guess it is a necessary evil. The new website really presents Disney Springs as a destination so all in all I say well done Disney.

rights reserved

I like the image below if they show everyone in the picture. I see 6 hands error on Disney Springs I suppose :/

Attached Files:

Attachments

• 1443924589288.jpeg
    1443924589288.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 164

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom