Characters in Flight closed for the next couple of days for refurbishment

Bolt

The skin of the balloon has looked a bit faded of late, I wonder if they plan on replacing it once again.
Pretty sure they are holding off on that until next year at least as the construction creates all that dust that is attracted to that. A couple day refurb sounds more like mechanical work.

ABQ

Wouldn't be surprised if they're somehow placing a big ol' Disney Springs sign on the balloon as part of the official renaming ceremony.

djkidkaz

I wonder how difficult it is to replace the skin of the balloon? The last time they replaced it they changed the whole design. I'd imagine it would take more than a couple days to replace the whole skin.

Bolt

I wonder how difficult it is to replace the skin of the balloon? The last time they replaced it they changed the whole design. I'd imagine it would take more than a couple days to replace the whole skin.
It was changed when it was down for a few months

Polydweller

The skin of the balloon has looked a bit faded of late, I wonder if they plan on replacing it once again.

They didn't replace the skin, in fact they never do that, they replaced the entire balloon with a new design. This was after the accident in Hong Kong in 2012 that injured five people. The new design fixed the deficiencies of the original design. Characters in Flight was taken down immediately after the accident and remained down until a new balloon was available.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're somehow placing a big ol' Disney Springs sign on the balloon as part of the official renaming ceremony.

It's probably more mechanical. The tether cable has to be replaced on a regular basis and this would be close to that time. For that matter, they also fully replace the balloon on a schedule because it too wears out. I think that's at least a year away. But it wouldn't take months since it wouldn't go down until the new one is ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom