REVIEW - Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar at Disney Springs

PinnySmart

This is Disney Done Right! Thanks for the review. For some reason I wasn't that excited about trying Jock Lindsey's but this review bumped it right to the top of the list.

Jon81uk

Might be a stupid question, or could be because I'm British.

Do you order your drinks at the bar and then find a seat (as I would in most UK bars)
or do you find a seat and then a waitress comes over and takes your order?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Might be a stupid question, or could be because I'm British.

Do you order your drinks at the bar and then find a seat (as I would in most UK bars)
or do you find a seat and then a waitress comes over and takes your order?
You find a seat then have waiter service.

dreamfinder

I like the swizzle stick, but collectible coasters? While much much better than generic ones, seems like they failed to anticipate lead time on glassware and went with something quick and easy.

jmmc

Wow, that looks really cool! And that menu/log book looks so great, I bet you could sell it to Indy fans.

Rinx

Went Tuesday evening to check it out and walked away from the 2.5-3 hour wait they were advertising due to capacity. Some other future trip perhaps.

mguimond1990

We went Wednesday afternoon and were pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was fantastic, the pretzel and fondue was heavenly. It was a highlight of our trip. Top notch.

dreamfinder

I like the swizzle stick, but collectible coasters? While much much better than generic ones, seems like they failed to anticipate lead time on glassware and went with something quick and easy.

So I need to eat my words. Instead of the coasters being the bar logo in different colors, apparently they are from other different locations that Jock liked to visit. Thats kinda cool. Think Club Obi Wan makes an appearance?

mguimond1990

Don't know how often they change out the coasters but when we went Wednesday they gave us purple "the python bar" coasters. They're nice but we definitely wanted a souvenir cup.

KikoKea

Glad to hear that our poor experience there was not the norm, so must have been due to opening day confusion and the wait staff being overwhelmed. We waited at our table on the hot porch for nearly 15 minutes without anyone- our waiter or the 3 supervisors watching the waiters- giving us a menu, taking a drink order, or even acknowledging us. I tried to catch their attention, but was ignored. Tired of waiting, we got up and left (which finally got the attention of the supervisors) and went across the way to try Raglan Road- our first visit there. Had a great, leisurely meal (Three Times a Boxty and Burger R Way) while relaxing in the cool AC. Our impression of JLHB was that there's lots of interesting things to look at inside and might be worth a visit, if you can find a seat. But, the porch needs a lot more to make it visually appealing and interesting. The metal table had absolutely nothing on it (at least a menu and something about the history of the Hangar Bar would have been helpful) and the walls are empty and could use some old, rusty signs, gear, posters- anything to go along with the theme.

BernardandBianca

Stopped by for lunch today, after our movie, and just walked right in and got an outside table right on the water. Waiter came within 2 minutes, gave us water, took our orders, and returned frequently to make sure we had everything.

We had the brats, deviled eggs, and shared the pretzels. All three were very good, and the beer fondue was the highlight of the meal. Would probably go again, but only if they start honoring TiW, or at a absolute though not desired, give an AP discount. We inquired, and the waiter said they didn't take anything yet.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
What I find really interesting is this tie in to "The Society of Explorers and Adventurers". I seem to recall this in one of the stories for Skippers Canteen which is being built in the MK. I really hope there is some type of marketing wizard in the background with a plan to tie this all together. Imagine the Adventurers Club being nowhere and everywhere at the same time. It'd be nice to see the Hangar offer a drink called Kungaloosh.

Clamman73

Trying the cool headed monkey. Tasty.
image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom