Blizzard Beach Closed

French Quarter

Original Poster
It is being reported today that there are "technical issues" with those two slides. This is the fourth day that they have been closed.

LL2WDW

It is being reported today that there are "technical issues" with those two slides. This is the fourth day that they have been closed.
Obviously there were technical issues. Not "technical issues". You seemed determined to find some sort of conspiracy with this. Sometimes $hit happens. Although, I suppose aliens could be involved.

French Quarter

Original Poster
Obviously there were technical issues. Not "technical issues". You seemed determined to find some sort of conspiracy with this. Sometimes $hit happens. Although, I suppose aliens could be involved.

Huh? I was quoting the news item posted on this site...hence the quotation marks. I believe that it is technical issues and probably the pipe repair that they have the permit for. No tin foil hat here. Just a huge geek who is interested in the details of attraction rehab. Didn't mean to upset you. Just thought I'd post an update since I was the one who started the thread.

French Quarter

Original Poster
Gee remember when WDW actually MAINTAINED their properties..., Underground pipes don't fail without warning ie volume and flowrates change etc.

To be fair, they did have a permit to fix this so I assume plans were underway. They obviously thought they had more time. I know that it does happen that rides break down but, given all the attractions in WDW, it seems to happen infrequently. Hard to complain really. Something like what's going on at BB is pretty rare.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
To be fair, they did have a permit to fix this so I assume plans were underway. They obviously thought they had more time. I know that it does happen that rides break down but, given all the attractions in WDW, it seems to happen infrequently. Hard to complain really. Something like what's going on at BB is pretty rare.

The permit could have been filed after they realized there was a problem.

French Quarter

Original Poster
The permit could have been filed after they realized there was a problem.

Obviously...you wouldn't fix something that wasn't broken. However, they realized there was a problem before the other day when the park was closed down as the permit was filed before that. Someone provided a link earlier.

JennSmith

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little happy to hear those 2 were closed when we were there. I am not a wuss but I was a little stressed about those 2 slides. I knew I wouldn't have gotten out of it either because my 16 year old was really looking forward to going on them with me. I was sad for her but relieved for me lol.

Bairstow

We were there Monday, 9/21 and were told by an employee that they couldn't get water to the top of the slides.

Solution: pass out buckets full of water to guests at the bottom of the stairs.
If they spill too much of their bucket on their way up, they'll regret it.

Alternate solution:

ProdAdminImage.ashx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom