'Rope Drop' opening procedure returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Now if they could do this for the Magic Kingdom, that would be great. This is how is used to be long ago prior to 9/11.

Are you saying that they used to allow guests into Main St. before the official opening? That sounds like a great idea to me. Once again, it would allow time for guests to get rid of some of the extra cash in their pockets so they wouldn't have to carry it around all day.

Victor Kelly

Are you saying that they used to allow guests into Main St. before the official opening? That sounds like a great idea to me. Once again, it would allow time for guests to get rid of some of the extra cash in their pockets so they wouldn't have to carry it around all day.

Yes, yes I am. It used to be that way into the 80's and 90's. Only after 9/11 did that change. You could eat along Mains Street, play games at the Penny Arcade, browse the stores, even ride the trolley. Ropes were up at The castle, Adventureland, Liberty Square, and Tomorrowland's 3 entrances.

I miss those days.

NearTheEars

I feel like one, or both, of us should be checked under the NFL concussion protocol, because I can't follow any of this. Or did you send type this on a phone with swollen thumbs? Speech-to-text right after taking a bite from a marshmallow pie?:)

Read that as "New Fantasyland concussion protocol."

Maybe that still applies?

matt9112

"@WDWToday - you do plan to have themed attractions in your, in your theme park, right? Hello? Hellllo?"

enhanced-10716-1433451314-11.jpg

i died laughing

asianway

Yes, yes I am. It used to be that way into the 80's and 90's. Only after 9/11 did that change. You could eat along Mains Street, play games at the Penny Arcade, browse the stores, even ride the trolley. Ropes were up at The castle, Adventureland, Liberty Square, and Tomorrowland's 3 entrances.

I miss those days.
The welcome show was novel for the what, 13 years it's been running? It's time-I'd rather wander Main Street

Tony the Tigger

You should work for Disney. Because that's what they thought too. :)

But instead, everyone just goes and stands in line at their respective 2 areas in a giant clump of people and waits.

I can see how that might be an issue. Me being me, I would not stand in the clump of people. So that means a whole bunch of people who came in after me will be in front of me in the clump lol. So why go early?

However it seems like there's a lot more room to mill about at Hollywood studios (?)

Tony the Tigger

So I don't see any mention of a "show" – just the announcement. No storm troopers or anything? Just trying to figure out if I really want to wake up that early LOL. Is the tune in lounge open for a drink at 9 AM? LOL. It's probably the only time to get a seat at the bar without waiting. ;)

KingdomofDreams

I think this is a great idea they need to adopt at all four parks. Soak in the atmosphere at bit, grab a coffee or a bite to eat, take a few photos, etc.

I really enjoy the Magic Kingdom welcome show as well. It really starts the day off right! But with some modifications, couldn't it be done inside the park, around Town Square or along Main St?

DisneyDebRob

There are people that still get up early and go to DHS? That blows my mind! I stroll in around noon, brown derby it and usually at Epcot by 2;30.;)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
There are people that still get up early and go to DHS? That blows my mind! I stroll in around noon, brown derby it and usually at Epcot by 2;30.;)

As much as many trash the park, its worth it to ride Toy Story, just a fantastic ride, as many times before the droves of people come in the park. Plus you can pretty much hit everything you want by lunch, grab some brown derby and then hit the next park. I do enjoy the EMH AM at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom