PHOTOS - Meet Mary Poppins in the new Main Street Plaza Gardens at the Magic Kingdom

Sped2424

Unfortuantly, as I learnt at Disneyland Paris,meet & greets without a line don't work. It just ends up being a scrum of pushy parents attempting to get photos.
They seem to do just fine at Disneyland. Meet and greets for the top tier bunch I understand need a place, but characters that can go low profile should go low profile.

MinnieWaffles

That sounds wonderful- lovely area for a M&G. If you can get a snap of her with the castle as a backdrop, even better!

I haven't met Mary Poppins yet, so that's a character to hunt in November!

wdrive

That's not what my experience has been at all. A given character may not be adhering to a set schedule of time and place, but wherever they pop up, that's where the line forms.

If a character ever appears to be just roaming, it's because they're either headed backstage to get a break, or headed to a specific place in the park that they have in mind. I think maybe less popular characters can get away with interacting in a more roaming, free-wheeling fashion, but for most characters to do something like that would make nobody happy.

Just my observations.

You still get roaming Peter Pan and Alice and the Mad Hatter roaming in Disneyland. Not as often as they were a few years ago but it still happens.

Vegas Disney Fan

Do people nauturally form some kind of line (like in the picture of Mary Poppins) or just first to the front wins, but in a slightly politer way?
At Disneyland whoever gets there first wins. Usually the characters pick up a following walking to their meet and greet spot and once they get there a line just naturally forms. At times there will be 7 or 8 characters scattered around the courtyard, it's one of my favorite parts of DL, you can sit by the flagpole and be surrounded by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Cruella, and maybe even a princess or two.

brb1006

You still get roaming Peter Pan and Alice and the Mad Hatter roaming in Disneyland. Not as often as they were a few years ago but it still happens.
No wonder I seen tons of Disneyland videos of the characters from Alice In Wonderland wandering around the park including Tommorowland and the Wishing Well.

brb1006

At Disneyland whoever gets there first wins. Usually the characters pick up a following walking to their meet and greet spot and once they get there a line just naturally forms. At times there will be 7 or 8 characters scattered around the courtyard, it's one of my favorite parts of DL, you can sit by the flagpole and be surrounded by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Cruella, and maybe even a princess or two.
I wish Disneyland brought out more rare characters to hang out more often in the resort.

gmajew

Premium Member
In my experience at DL, there just isn't the same level of demand for meet and greets. I saw Mickey and Minnie in Town Square with basically no queue. People would just walk up, grab a pic, and leave. The lower demand seemed to make it possible. At WDW it would be chaos.

This has to be the different type of guest. Most Disneyland guest are several time a year visitors or at least once a year. wDW is a vacation no way around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom