"it's a small world" Closing for month long refurbishment August-September 2016

djlaosc

Interestingly enough all the 2016 dates were removed from the travel agent portal today. Maybe they didn't like me publically posting it. Luckily I don't work for Disney, so they have no power over me. I did however take a screenshot before they changed the site. Those were the dates given.

According to The Dibb, it looks as though this refurbishment is back on for 22nd August 2016 ~ 15th September 2016 - so this means that:-

• it's a small world
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • DINOSAUR
  • Swiss Family Treehouse

are all going to be down at the same time!

spectromagic04

According to The Dibb, it looks as though this refurbishment is back on for 22nd August 2016 ~ 15th September 2016 - so this means that:-

• it's a small world
  • DINOSAUR
  • Swiss Family Treehouse

Sounds like Disneyland to me it always seems like they have multiple attractions down at the same time.

wdwgreek

• it's a small world
  • DINOSAUR
  • Swiss Family Treehouse

Honestly not an awful spread, with the new summer offers at the other parks, it won't be that harmful in the late summer after the northerners fly home and the locals are back in school.

gmajew

Premium Member
Honestly not an awful spread, with the new summer offers at the other parks, it won't be that harmful in the late summer after the northerners fly home and the locals are back in school.

Now we need a schedule that show the following getting done in the next 12 months:
Space Mountain - New Track
Energy or Imagination - Then the next one right after
Peter Pan - Add the DL features and clean it.

My hope list.

NomeKing88

Aside from broken animatronics/effects/sets, is there still mold growing on the ceiling above loading/unloading? I visited in November with family and was legit horrified to see white mold growing out from the light fixtures. Gross!

Also, is glitter still covering EVERYTHING in fantasyland? On every ride we went on, glitter was caked onto the seats and queue areas. Also on Pirates. I felt like my butt and back were glittered the entire day! Is that from little girls' princess dresses?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
image.jpeg

ChrisE405

Rode last week - this is in serious need of a refurb. Broken show items, filthy ceilings and walls, etc. Even my 4 yr old was pointing out what wasn't working the way it should. Gum all over the underside of the railings in the queue too.

spectrodanny

Christmas overlay?

LOL.

Just kidding.

Tokyo got ours. Just like they got our Nightmare Before Christmas overlay for Haunted Mansion. They wouldn't spend the money on it.
WHAT?? their IASW Holiday Overlay was intended for Florida as well? (I knew about them getting HMH stuff intended for Fl but didn't know about SWH stuff made for FL but sent to Tokyo, heck wouldn't surprise me if Tokyo got the Bears Christmas stuff as a backup set. Doesn't surprise me considering Florida was the original intended Destinatn for Electrical Parade Dreamlights

• it's a small world
  • DINOSAUR
  • Swiss Family Treehouse

It's incredible, half closed park in the same dates. Many of us are going at that time on vacation, and I think they could stagger and refurbishments that do not match all the same dates. Many of us are going at that time on vacation, and I think they could stagger and refurbishments that do not match all the same dates. I get the feeling that managers are forgetting their clients.

Monorail_Red_77

I wish the outside of our small world was actually outside. And I wish it was colorful.
You mean colorful like it was originally, prior to refurb in 2005.
Below is a screen grab from a video shot in 1990. This is the same backwall of the queue that is now all white and gold. Notice the color changing water fountains that were removed from that time as well.

I still think they should leave it white but do a video overlay so that every now and then the facade turns from white to color. Similar to the large stone in the Mexico Pavillion. Maybe time it kinda like the clock that opens up every 15 minutes in Small World Queue.

Untitled.jpg

aladdin2007

Below is a screen grab from a video shot in 1990. This is the same backwall of the queue that is now all white and gold. Notice the color changing water fountains that were removed from that time as well.

I still think they should leave it white but do a video overlay so that every now and then the facade turns from white to color. Similar to the large stone in the Mexico Pavillion. Maybe time it kinda like the clock that opens up every 15 minutes in Small World Queue.

View attachment 143217

that's when it was really nice, they totally ruined it in my opinion and its been an ugly hodge podge of a poorly maintained environment ever since. Im sorry to say.

JustInTime

View attachment 143217
I really like Tokoyo Disneyland's colorful version. Theirs is beautiful. But this is cool and I didn't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom