Peter Pan's Flight closing for short refurbishment in November

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ugh, it needs SO much more than just 5 days.
I have always loved this ride. On our most recent trip however, we were accompanied by a Newbie, and I saw it differently for some reason.

I was embarrassed. It just appeared so shabby and lame. Worse yet, we used FP+, so we didn't even get to experience the new queue.

Right up until this trip, I was always blinded by my nostalgia for the ride and for the movie. This year, I was sad that I had wasted a FP for it. :(

I can't explain it, but I took my disappointment very personally. Forget a refurb; it is past time for a complete, major overhaul.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have always loved this ride. On our most recent trip however, we were accompanied by a Newbie, and I saw it differently for some reason.

I was embarrassed. It just appeared so shabby and lame. Worse yet, we used FP+, so we didn't even get to experience the new queue.

Right up until this trip, I was always blinded by my nostalgia for the ride and for the movie. This year, I was sad that I had wasted a FP for it. :(

I can't explain it, but I took my disappointment very personally. Forget a refurb; it is past time for a complete, major overhaul.

I'm still a big fan of the ride, although it definitely is due for a little sprucing up inside. ;)

The appeal of this ride for me is its simple, quaint design. I enjoy the "flying over" aspect of the ride as well. It's a popular classic attraction, and I think it will always have a permanent home in the MK. :)

POLY LOVER

I cut this ride a break because its innocent and quaint, it gets a pass from me and my family. Sure we recognize the faults but they are faults that keep it orginal Disney.

The queue changes were great and sufficient, all they need to do it clean it up for now.

KrazyKat

I really wish they would not only fix the ride inside and update but do the same for the facade out front. It looks way too dated, a la 70s. They did a great job on the que but should do the whole thing. Also, update IASW across the way to mesh better with NFL and the nearby Tangled toilets.

Dlp_peter_pan.jpg

Last edited:

raymusiccity

I really wish they would not only fix the ride inside and update but do the same for the facade out front. It looks way to dated, a la 70s. They did a great job on the que but should do the whole thing. Also, update IASW across the way to mesh better with NFL and the nearby Tangled toilets.

Dlp_peter_pan.jpg

Your picture only reminded me of how sad and excessive the whole stroller invasion has become.

"Unforgettable Happens Here!"

image.jpg

RSoxNo1

I really wish they would not only fix the ride inside and update but do the same for the facade out front. It looks way to dated, a la 70s. They did a great job on the que but should do the whole thing. Also, update IASW across the way to mesh better with NFL and the nearby Tangled toilets.

Dlp_peter_pan.jpg
Moving "it's a small world" would also help with the tent theming...

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm still mistified on how this ride gets a longer wait than any other ride (with the exception of 7DMT). Where as ET at Universal is at 5min minimum...I just wish they could update those AA's as they look like they were mannequins with minor movement from a Holiday Dept store window...

gmajew

Premium Member
I'm still mistified on how this ride gets a longer wait than any other ride (with the exception of 7DMT). Where as ET at Universal is at 5min minimum...I just wish they could update those AA's as they look like they were mannequins with minor movement from a Holiday Dept store window...

ET is a stuck in a corner in the park Pan is dead center. Play a big big part of it.

I don't want new AA but the update to lighting and paint is needed for sure.

aladdin2007

According to todays Refurbishment updates, the dates have changed slightly. The new listed dates are Nov 3-9, reopening on the 10th.

I was there today and oddly there was no wall up around it, it wasn't running of course but you could see all the ships just not moving.

polynesiangirl

YES. This ride...I don't get it. People, I have been to WDW almost every year of my 30-plus years on this earth. I love WDW, and irrationally so. I continue to give them a lot of my money in spite of what I know are its many flaws.

But...I just don't get this ride. WHY is this line ways so long? I promise I love a good, corny dark ride as much as the next WDW nerd, but every time we go and the line is like 60 minutes long when everything else that is similar is at a 10-minute wait...I always feel bad for the newbies who must think that they're in for a seriously awesome experience given its relatively gigantic wait time.

lnsemsf

Original Poster

I think the answer is that the average vehicle on Pan holds 2 people, compared to a much higher capacity on every other ride in existence, except Mr. Toad in California.

punkabella

I think the answer is that the average vehicle on Pan holds 2 people, compared to a much higher capacity on every other ride in existence, except Mr. Toad in California.

Technically, the average they want to fill each ship with is 3, with the possibility of four with a small child/infant. They tried to get me and my two girlfriends in the same ship together. Would we have fit, sure.. would it be comfortable? If we were sardines, maybe.

anchorman314

I think I recall seeing a sign towards the end of the queue advocating 5 people can fit in a single ship: 3 adults and 2 children on laps. I looked at it and thought "NOPE".

JohnD

According to todays Refurbishment updates, the dates have changed slightly. The new listed dates are Nov 3-9, reopening on the 10th.

Interesting. I'll be in MK on 11/9. Guess I'll have to miss it. But going to MVMCP on 11/10. Will make sure to hop on then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom