Escape to Walt's Wilderness - a new tour now being offered at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

JWG

Great thing about the tours is they don't interrupt / impede those who don't want to do them and offer options for those who do. Looks interesting to me.

Don't forget the exclusive commemorative trading pin you'll get at the end of the tour worth $21.95.

halltd

One of my favorite things growing up and visiting WDW as a kid were the tours. We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour, some drawing tour/backstage thing at Epcot (that I forget the name of), and one other (that must not have been so amazing), and I'll remember the Keys to the Kingdom and Epcot tours forever. I've also done both Segway tours (Fort Wilderness and Epcot) as an adult and they also rocked my socks! They were all so amazing! These tours are one of the only hard ticket events that I love at Disney because they are totally optional, don't require closing down a park or resort in order to take place, and they really do add that extra level of magic that Disney is known for. Honestly, like most things at Disney, it is the tour guides/cast members that make them so enjoyable. But, I'm pretty sure we all knew that already.

I'm actually hoping my family will do this one with me next time they come down as I've been suggesting the archery thing for a while now anyways...and they always camp at the Fort. The Africa Trek is on my list, too. Oh yeah, and the train tour. :) If you haven't done any of these tours, I HIGHLY recommend them because they're a TON of fun. If you're visiting the parks on multiple days, even consider getting one less day on your hopper pass and doing one of these special tours instead (just pick one that doesn't require park admission) to see if you like them.

John

I think this is a wonderful idea, is it expensive? Sure...its WDW what isn't expensive. I have been complaining that Disney doesn't offer things to do outside the parks anymore....that these types of attractions....yes you heard me....were going away. This is one of those things that Disney was known for. I am sure the guides will be very good.....

If Disney gave this away as a free attraction there would be those who would still poo poo the idea. There are some who think paying over a hundred dollars is to much to visit a theme park. If my budget allowed I would absolutely do this.

How many kids dream of shooting a bow and arrow? Who doesn't like a good old fashion hay ride.? I think though that there is the psychological barrier of a hundred dollars .....if Disney could have priced this at $99.00 it would go over much better.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That looks absolutely splendid!

It has a twang of classic WDW about it,

Indeed, the activities in this tour circle back to the early days of WDW. I think this tour will have a wide-ranging appeal to both younger and older guests. I've never been on any of the WDW tours before (limited funds, etc.), but I would actually consider saving up the money to experience this one next year, when I visit WDW.

ThemeParkJunkee

I think I like this tour (although I think under $100 would be a more reasonable price). It encompasses a number of experiences that many at WDW never experience or know exist because they don't go to Fort Wilderness. I'd do it if they dumped the "hike" (ankle issues) and you could substitute another activity, although if the hike is short I could manage. Value is in the eye of the beholder. For example, I wouldn't pay for the dessert parties, special F&W demonstrations or Villians Soiree but they tend to sell out quickly. I don't get much value out of the holiday parties either.

DABIGCHEEZ

Let's see... I can walk around FW for free and see the same nature of Bay Lake(for free at most parks in Florida) or even while walking/driving around WDW. The boat ride is free when you take it between FW to MK and vice-versa. One can and we have viewed/toured the stables on our own at FW many times over the years... also free. So Wagon ride, archery and breakfast and some stories... not worth $109 to ME.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
But you can do a lot of what is included for free on your own.

Agree with your comment; much of this can be done on your own without extra charge.

However, I think that the tour guide will enhance the experience by contributing historical and behind-the-scenes information. For me, that's a big part of this new tour, along with all the fun activities (and breakfast) on the schedule. I like the whole immersive aspect of a dedicated tour about Fort Wilderness, and joining others who are also FW fans.

Now, if they'd only lower the price a smidge . . . ;)

BrerJon

I think this looks great. It's quite reasonably priced compared to Wild Africa Trek. WDW tours are hidden gems and always have very knowledgeable guides, and so much of the time you'd think they forget WDW was supposed to be about more than just theme parks, so anything that appreciates that is good.

I've done quite a few of the tours, and every one was a worthwhile experience - far better way to spend a hundred bucks than some stupid upcharge party or hard ticket cupcake event!

Last edited:

DisneyJunkie

Agree with your comment; much of this can be done on your own without extra charge.

However, I think that the tour guide will enhance the experience by contributing historical and behind-the-scenes information. For me, that's a big part of this new tour, along with all the fun activities (and breakfast) on the schedule. I like the whole immersive aspect of a dedicated tour about Fort Wilderness, and joining others who are also FW fans.

Now, if they'd only lower the price a smidge . . . ;)

Maybe if they cut the price in half, it could conceivably, possibly, maybe, kinda sorta be worth it.

Jon81uk

But you can do a lot of what is included for free on your own.

Maybe if they cut the price in half, it could conceivably, possibly, maybe, kinda sorta be worth it.

Well the bits that can't be done for free are about half the cost of the tour, archery is $39, wagon ride is $8. You could get breakfast for about $15. It is possible to walk round Fort Wilderness for free and get a boat from MK to the Fort for free. So $40 of the price of the tour is paying for the exclusive guided boat trip and the guided hike at the Fort.

DisneyJunkie

No value to you. Potential value to others though. I find no value in Soarin', but to claim it has no value would just not be true.

No value to many others, too, who see that you can do much (if not most) of the things this tour offers either for free or for far less money that is required to plunk down for it.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
No value to many others, too, who see that you can do much (if not most) of the things this tour offers either for free or for far less money that is required to plunk down for it.
Ok, I'm stopping this silly argument. You see no value in it, therefore it has no value to anyone. I apologize for thinking there might be those that might be interested in something so stoopid.

On a side note, I'm also going to be selling "Soarin': The home game", for only $109.95, you too can sit in your own home and experience Soarin'. After a boot-up cycle time of around 85 minutes (on average), take a seat in our patented Soarin' Simulator chair:

classic-wooden-rocker-floor-to-seat-17-seat-depth-18.jpg

You can then pull up my YouTube channel featuring a high quality (cell phone) video of Soarin'.
For $50 more, We'll send you the kit to help expand your experience:

fanblack.jpg
sinnlig-scented-block-candle-orange__0254850_PE397609_S4.JPG

DisneyJunkie

Ok, I'm stopping this silly argument. You see no value in it, therefore it has no value to anyone. I apologize for thinking there might be those that might be interested in something so stoopid.

On a side note, I'm also going to be selling "Soarin': The home game", for only $109.95, you too can sit in your own home and experience Soarin'. After a boot-up cycle time of around 85 minutes (on average), take a seat in our patented Soarin' Simulator chair:

You can then pull up my YouTube channel featuring a high quality (cell phone) video of Soarin'.

fanblack.jpg

:rolleyes::banghead: Apology accepted.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

fanblack.jpg

That..... That was beautiful...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom