Disney testing allocated seating for Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios next week

ABQ

Well reading through Steve's news post, they are doing 3 separate rounds of testing. One seat based, one row based and one section based. They must be adding numbers to a portion of rows within a section. Once the testing is over, feasibility will, I assume, be assessed for each option.

bethymouse

@DABIGCHEEZ The same thing happened to us! They really need to do something about this! It was even worse on the day we went because the Frozen fireworks were delayed as well. Those fireworks ended about 10:30. We practically "ran" to go see Fantasmic! It was total chaos! It ended up the finale of the show was stopped due to storms in the area, and we got a bit wet;) trying to catch a bus back to the resort!:eek:

allgiggles

@DABIGCHEEZ The same thing happened to us! They really need to do something about this! It was even worse on the day we went because the Frozen fireworks were delayed as well. Those fireworks ended about 10:30. We practically "ran" to go see Fantasmic! It was total chaos! It ended up the finale of the show was stopped due to storms in the area, and we got a bit wet;) trying to catch a bus back to the resort!:eek:

I suspect we were there the same night (Friday, 6/19). We had planned to go to the 2nd showing of Fantasmic that night (we had watched the Frozen Fireworks the night before) and ended up watching the Frozen Fireworks (with a slightly obstructed and off-center view) again from the Fantasmic Line. As soon as the fireworks were over we were quickly hoarded into the Fantasmic theater. Then it started raining during Fantasmic and DH & I made the executive decision to bail on Fantasmic. We were about halfway down the exit ramp when we heard them announce that the show was being cancelled for the safety of the guests and performers We told the kids to "keep moving" so we could stay ahead of the crowd and get to the buses before getting totally soaked. Our little head start kept us in front of the crowd and when we got to the bus stop for AoA there was a bus waiting. We were on the bus about 30 seconds when it left for the resort (with about 20 people on it). As we pulled away we could see the mobs of people just arriving at all of the bus stops.

roj2323

image.jpg
image.jpg
From today July 22

TheScreed

Numbered stickers were put on the benches within the past week. Each one is about 20 inches apart

In light of the average WDW visitor, I don't think 20 inches will be enough. It might be enough on average (total seating inches per total number of guests) but WDW has a tremendous number of people who couldn't possibly fit into a space that size. Without numbers, it can work out by having kids sit closer together, but now you will have people taking a 20 inch space who don't need it and people taking way more than their allotted 20 inches. It might work if WDW guests were a cross-section of the overall population, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. I have a feeling the numbered seat thing will be a bust.

Biff215

In light of the average WDW visitor, I don't think 20 inches will be enough. It might be enough on average (total seating inches per total number of guests) but WDW has a tremendous number of people who couldn't possibly fit into a space that size. Without numbers, it can work out by having kids sit closer together, but now you will have people taking a 20 inch space who don't need it and people taking way more than their allotted 20 inches. It might work if WDW guests were a cross-section of the overall population, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. I have a feeling the numbered seat thing will be a bust.
I agree and realize this is a test, but getting that specific with bleacher seating is only going to cause problems. I feel bad for the CM's who will be needed to check seats. It's embarrassing enough at a sports venue where there are actually individual seats.

I was able to grab an additional FP last week about an hour before. I'm ok with this system but they should have a section reserved for FP like the dining package instead of just sending you in with everyone else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom