Free Event at Typhoon Lagoon for DVC Members July 23, 28 & Aug 4, 11

DABIGCHEEZ

We will be down there for one of these... but I understand they are invitation only. Why would they only offer it to some, when they have my DVC reservation? Haven't received anything yet.

Also will all of TL be open for this or just a limited area?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We will be down there for one of these... but I understand they are invitation only. Why would they only offer it to some, when they have my DVC reservation? Haven't received anything yet.

Also will all of TL be open for this or just a limited area?
Like others said It's not by invitation only. It's offered to all DVC members staying on property during one of these dates. It's on the members web page. Just call Member Services to book. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm going to be there on August 11th. I'm a DVC member, but staying on cash reservation at the Yacht for this trip. I didn't read any language that said you have to be staying on points, so I'm hoping I'm good to go!
As long as your staying onsite points or cash stay then your good. Just need to be a DVC member with any resort reservation. You can call member services to book. :)

andysol

Original Poster
So we got here at 7. Still have 2 hours left. It's pretty freakin awesome. They said at check-in (just to left of gate- super easy- they give you a band). They said 3500 people registered- not that many people showed up or at least it didn't feel like it. Shark reef is closed, of course. Also- the water roller coaster- forget the name- closes at 8pm with park close- so ride it in first hour or you won't be able to.
Everything else is open. Only one quick service food place stays open. And there is booze available at little stands throughout the park- limit 2 per person and it costs $. $7 for a beer, etc.

Now for the good stuff-
-All rides have little to no wait once 8pm hits. Walk-on.
They have a DJ playing music all night with a few dancers- the "surfers" and "bikers". It's on the stage by the wave pool- the music is piped throughout the park.
Party starts at 9:30 for music and the following
-Free snacks include- water and lemonade (in a pitcher with plastic cups- not bottled). Doritos, lays regular, lays BBQ, and snicker doodle cookies. Stations are all over the place. Two at the quick service place, two at shark reef, etc.
-character meets from 9:30-12:30 Mickey and Minnie in surf gear at shark reef. Not a second of waiting. Big hugs. Photo pass photographers, will use your camera, lots of interaction, etc. also Lilo and Stitch meet at the surfboards. Great interaction there too.
And the creme de la creme. Mickey bars and Mickey ice cream sandwiches by Mickey and Minnie at Shark Reef. All you can eat. Yummy.

Overall it's fantastic. Cast members everywhere super friendly, and answering questions- telling you where things are, etc.

A+

K- off to party more.

catmom46

So we got here at 7. Still have 2 hours left. It's pretty freakin awesome. They said at check-in (just to left of gate- super easy- they give you a band). They said 3500 people registered- not that many people showed up or at least it didn't feel like it. Shark reef is closed, of course. Also- the water roller coaster- forget the name- closes at 8pm with park close- so ride it in first hour or you won't be able to.
Everything else is open. Only one quick service food place stays open. And there is booze available at little stands throughout the park- limit 2 per person and it costs $. $7 for a beer, etc.

Now for the good stuff-
They have a DJ playing music all night with a few dancers- the "surfers" and "bikers". It's on the stage by the wave pool- the music is piped throughout the park.
-Free snacks include- water and lemonade (in a pitcher with plastic cups- not bottled). Doritos, lays regular, lays BBQ, and snicker doodle cookies. Stations are all over the place. Two at the quick service place, two at shark reef, etc.
-character meets from 9:30-12:30 Mickey and Minnie in surf gear at shark reef. Not a second of waiting. Big hugs. Photo pass photographers, will use your camera, lots of interaction, etc. also Lilo and Stitch meet at the surfboards. Great interaction there too.
And the creme de la creme. Mickey bars and Mickey ice cream sandwiches by Mickey and Minnie at Shark Reef. All you can eat. Yummy.

Overall it's fantastic. Cast members everywhere super friendly, and answering questions- telling you where things are, etc.

A+

K- off to party more.

Thanks for sharing details! I'm so jealous. :arghh: :banghead: :bawling: :cry: :grumpy:

lostpro9het

We had a great time too! No waits on the slides were awesome! Not having a mob of people in the Wave pool was great too. We got there at 6:50 and walked right in but was a little worried when we saw the amount of wrist bands they had ready for guests, this wasn't a valid concern though as I don't think most of them got used. Pleasntly surprised with the character meet and greets and refreshments offered. Added bonus, $2 to rent a large locker!!

DisDadWoz

Now for the good stuff-

A+

K- off to party more.
Giddy up!!!! I can't wait for this!

Disneykidder

It sounds like a blast. I saw pics on Instagram, too. What does annoy me is that people are entering and are not DVC members. Someone online said that an acquaintance allowed them access. I can see if they were all traveling together but these people were not.

DisDadWoz

We went on 8/4 and had a blast! Knowing that Rushing Gusher would only be open until 8:00 we wanted to get there at around 7:00. Of course we were planning on having a car but last minute changes had us taking the bus. Problem was having to go to Epcot from Beach club to catch another bus to Typhoon Lagoon. We decided to walk briskly through EPCOT and get a beverage on the way! We finally made it to TL at about 7:50 but they kept the ride open until about 8:30 and we rode 5 times. Rest of the night was great other than it did get a little chilly. We finally left around midnight full of ice cream;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom