Gardens Kiosk at Disney's Animal Kingdom has a new look and new healthy eating menu

DisneyDebRob

I was always a fan of the bright colors. These earth tones look nice also, just got to get used to it I guess. They are really going for different food items here. Even if it's not my taste, I love that they expand the menu all throughout AK.

SpaceMountain77

Overall, I have been incredibly impressed with the new offerings and reimagined areas of DAK. To me, both the content and theming is creating a cohesive storyline. The bright, neon colors are widely used in zoos and aquariums, like Sea World San Diego and San Diego Zoo. The muted greens truly evoke feelings of being in a conservatory or preserve.

I am hoping this cohesion continues!

matt9112

The dark earth colors are nice, but I'm wondering if the colors will look boring after all the buildings are done.

Doubt it...the new color scheme is a more realstic and dramatic tone than the older carnival like colors. These dark earthy tones bring out a better view of age and condition and further build the story of discovery island.

jt04

Doubt it...the new color scheme is a more realstic and dramatic tone than the older carnival like colors. These dark earthy tones bring out a better view of age and condition and further build the story of discovery island.

Earth tones evoke a sense of serenity. Which helps set DAK apart from other theme parks, IMO.

MarkTwain

Hmmm... It seems like they're slowly stripping Discovery Island of its character.

I always liked that Discovery Island is a little more "abstract." The other lands have more muted buildings because they're true to specific places. Discovery Island isn't based on anything, and showcases that fact with its bright colors. I also thought the colors helped support the idea that the island is a celebration of life/animals in general.

To each their own I suppose.

ToTBellHop

Hmmm... It seems like they're slowly stripping Discovery Island of its character.

I always liked that Discovery Island is a little more "abstract." The other lands have more muted buildings because they're true to specific places. Discovery Island isn't based on anything, and showcases that fact with its bright colors. I also thought the colors helped support the idea that the island is a celebration of life/animals in general.

To each their own I suppose.
While I also love the Safari Village look, those bright colors are very 1990s. Can they get the muted colors over the the garish Dino-Rama next?
miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball-video-2-650-430.jpg
would also work.

Jon81uk

Does anyone know if this stand still offers gluten free menu items? I didn't see it on the menu picture.

This kiosk never offered gluten free items, that was the Discovery Kiosk opposite creature comforts.
There are three kiosks on Discovery Island.

Discovery Kiosk (opposite Starbucks) - allergy treats
Gardens Kiosk (opposite tough to be a bug) - salads
Beastly Kiosk (near bridge to Asia) - baked pasta

These are on the park map https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...ons/animal-kingdom/Disneys_Animal_Kingdom.pdf

There are also two kiosks in Asia, Bradley Falls and Mr Kamels offering vegetarian and Indian foods.

So despite HArambe Market being 100% carnivore, there are plenty of vege options in DAK and the allergy kiosk hasn't moved :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom