Vivoli Gelateria opening at Disney Springs The Landing

WDWtraveler

Update as of Tuesday, June 9. Vivoli Gelateria had a soft opening today, only for guests (mostly Disney and Downtown Disney merchants and management) with vouchers. The vouchers were on a first come, first served basis and by mid-afternoon, the store closed. There is no seating inside, just a queue. Reaction from some participants: very good, but pricier than other ice cream venues on the property.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I know this will be one of the first places that my wife will want to go on our next rip to Walt Disney World.

Jon81uk

I initially thought the gelato prices were hig, but they seem comparable with Hagen Dazs really and the gelato would be far better quality.

Strangeling

Matt & I stopped in at the Vivoli Gelateria Saturday after my art signing, just for the little sandwiches. We ordered one each of the artichoke/fontina and the tomato/basil/mozzarella and were very pleased with both! Definitely snack-sized sandwiches (as opposed to meal sized) - about the size of a Hawaiian Sweet Roll, but a very good ciabatta-type dough. Very pleased with them. I often think that there is a dearth of snack-sized vegetarian savoury quick service options so we were both excited to see these! Will definitely be going back, and to try some of the actual gelato too =)

Strangeling

We tried the "Riso" (Rice) flavour just because it sounded odd, and it really was pretty great! Later online I read an interview with the owners in Florence and they said it was their most popular flavour there.

BrianV

Only bumping because we are in Florence and went to Vivoli today. Delicious. That said they are not my favorite gelato in Florence. And we've now tried a few. Anxious to taste when we go to Disney next.

JohnWD

Only bumping because we are in Florence and went to Vivoli today. Delicious. That said they are not my favorite gelato in Florence. And we've now tried a few. Anxious to taste when we go to Disney next.
Thanks for reporting - I've never been to Italy. Are you on a Gelato tasting tour? :) I would hope to taste Alfa Romeo and Ferrari!

BrianV

Thanks for reporting - I've never been to Italy. Are you on a Gelato tasting tour? :) I would hope to taste Alfa Romeo and Ferrari!
Actually we promised (bribed) our kids with the promise of gelato every day, and twice some days. 5 days now in Florence and 7 different gelaterias. Really it is all good. But some is better. Also, a small gelato at Vivoli costs 2.5 euros, a little less than $3 which includes all taxes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom