TEA Attendance Report Now due June 3rd

Vegas Disney Fan

Yes. Its busy. Time for a Chart!

View attachment 96145

That's the entire year. September, for about 10 days, is the time to go.

View attachment 96146

Specifically, That time frame. The rest of the year kinda sucks.

Edit: Sucks for those of us who hate crowds.
I'm going Jan 4th-11th this year for the marathon, praying for light crowds Mon-Fri while I'm touring the parks.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I'm going Jan 4th-11th this year for the marathon, praying for light crowds Mon-Fri while I'm touring the parks.

Uhhhhhh.......

Here's the week Before and then the Week After for the past two years. Week before is businer, the leftovers from New Years but the beginning of the next week seems to drop off before ramping up for MLK weekend. This year was clearly slower than 2014.

Marathon Week.jpg

Edit: Not trying to sway you or sugar coat anything, just trying to help you make the best informed decision so you don't have an awful time. I just look at historical data, TouringPlans uses the witchcraft to predict the future.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Uhhhhhh.......

Here's the week Before and then the Week After for the past two years. Week before is businer, the leftovers from New Years but the beginning of the next week seems to drop off before ramping up for MLK weekend. This year was clearly slower than 2014.

View attachment 96147

Edit: Not trying to sway you or sugar coat anything, just trying to help you make the best informed decision so you don't have an awful time. I just look at historical data, TouringPlans uses the witchcraft to predict the future.
I've found Josh's crowd predictors on (another site) to be pretty reliable and his is close to your graphs, he lists the week between New Years and Marathon as a moderate to slow week, mostly 3's and 4's with the weekend in the 5's. I'd love 1's and 2's but can live with 3's and 4's. My first trip was mostly 4's and I was expecting hour long waits for everything and was pleasantly surprised with a lot of 20-30 minute waits or less. I plan on more looking and less riding this trip anyway, my first trip was exhausting trying to see it all, this time I just want to enjoy it.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I've found Josh's crowd predictors on (another site) to be pretty reliable and his is close to your graphs, he lists the week between New Years and Marathon as a moderate to slow week, mostly 3's and 4's with the weekend in the 5's. I'd love 1's and 2's but can live with 3's and 4's. My first trip was mostly 4's and I was expecting hour long waits for everything and was pleasantly surprised with a lot of 20-30 minute waits or less. I plan on more looking and less riding this trip anyway, my first trip was exhausting trying to see it all, this time I just want to enjoy it.

Ive met Josh.

I stick with Len's data just because he's been doing it forever and has a very accurate track record.

AEfx

Uhhhhhh.......

Jeebus...the week after New Years used to be so completely dead you could walk on even the Mountains at the MK at just about any time of day.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I'm just going by the marathon SOLD OUT in less than 4 hours!!! the 5-10K's did so in 30 minutes!!!

It will be busier than normal, yes.

I'm not at my laptop and don't have the data in front of me but the race weekends take a below average crowd and make it an above average crowd in a hurry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom