REVIEW - Harambe Market at Disney's Animal Kingdom

clairem

I went to Harambe Market on Sunday and had the Boerewors (curried corn dog/sausage), and tried some of the ribs that my fiancé ordered. Omg. The Boerewors was probably the best quick-service food (besides a turkey leg) I've ever eaten in a Disney park. The curried batter was awesome and it was a real sausage, not a pink hot dog. Definitely worth $9 - try it.

The ribs looked so good that everyone in the outdoor seating area was staring at my fiancé's tray as he sat down. Really good, tender ribs with great flavor. Again, worth every cent. We got a pineapple soft serve from Tamu Tamu and an Ethiopian St George's beer (the best for hot weather) from a nearby cart after lunch at the Harambe Market, and that whole food/drink combo made our day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I went to Harambe Market on Sunday and had the Boerewors (curried corn dog/sausage), and tried some of the ribs that my fiancé ordered. Omg. The Boerewors was probably the best quick-service food (besides a turkey leg) I've ever eaten in a Disney park. The curried batter was awesome and it was a real sausage, not a pink hot dog. Definitely worth $9 - try it.

The ribs looked so good that everyone in the outdoor seating area was staring at my fiancé's tray as he sat down. Really good, tender ribs with great flavor. Again, worth every cent. We got a pineapple soft serve from Tamu Tamu and an Ethiopian St George's beer (the best for hot weather) from a nearby cart after lunch at the Harambe Market, and that whole food/drink combo made our day.
THNX and welcome aboard!

note2001

The new market area looks interesting, and the opening offerings seem to be an excellent starting point. I will make sure to take a walk though, but other than grabbing a drink I can't see myself stopping to eat at any of these windows. Some vegetarian options would be a welcome addition, I hope they expand the menus, even just a little.

Along the same thought: I'm not one to eat a dessert with a meal but am curious how those on the dining plan feel about there being only one desert option here.

Last edited:

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
There is only 1 dessert option atm, supposed to be another place opening that has desserts etc in the near future from what i have read.

peterpanic74

looks great, but I'm definitely baffled and disappointed by the lack of a vegetarian entree. Surely they could offer something? This is the same problem with Flame Tree. " Fruit plate with honey" doesn't really cut it as an entree

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think it's a very well thought out addition in spite of some cries it doesn't have "x" option. Remember folks it's an entire continent and they try to present a representative sample that's palatable to the average visitor and readily available. It provides missing walk up feeding capacity in the park that's not pizza (fari) or a burger.

Mouse_Trap

They are actually serving broccoli not french fries. I think that's a huge step in the right direction.

I don't get the obsession with broccoli, its so ubiquitous in Florida maybe other states too.

It's become a running joke for us, any time vegetables are mention....broccoli it is then.
Many restaurants seem unable to look beyond some broccoli and green beans.

Mouse_Trap

The menu is crying out for a side of a potato dish, ideally african spiced and baked not fried.

I think the absence of vegetarian items is quite authentic, I don't think you get many vegetarians in africa.

Mickey5150

looks great, but I'm definitely baffled and disappointed by the lack of a vegetarian entree. Surely they could offer something? This is the same problem with Flame Tree. " Fruit plate with honey" doesn't really cut it as an entree
I understand the complaint with no vegetarian option in Harambe but unfortunately I think it would be hard to have much in the way of vegetarian at Flametree. This is a restaurant where even in it's decor the theme is the larger animal eating the smaller animal, with us as the largest animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom