Hoypoloi closing later this month to make way for a return of United World Soccer

Next Big Thing

I'll be honest, with as many times as i've been to DTD and WDW in general, I had no idea this store existed. Seems like a good move to get it out and put United World Soccer back in as it was pretty popular from what I understand.

dumboflyer

This is very disappointing, and that's coming from a soccer fan. Soccer merchandise is pretty uniform (pun intended)--any shirts or other merchandise are readily available online.

Hoypoloi was a fairly unique and interesting store. My wife will miss it dearly--she always found something fun there. They did have a lot of merchandise that I'd consider more for looking than buying, so I guess it's not terribly surprising.

dumboflyer

Happy with the season? I gotta say, I'm happy, but...it feels like we have the talent to do more.

If we win the FA Cup, I'll be satisfied. Not overjoyed, but satisfied. Hoping for a good transfer window and minimal injuries next season, I think we can make a title push in 15-16.

Kman101

If the store didn't make money, I highly doubt they'd bother to keep it around after booting it for Super Hero Headquaters and then giving it a new space ...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If the store didn't make money, I highly doubt they'd bother to keep it around after booting it for Super Hero Headquaters and then giving it a new space ...
United World Soccer did extremely well in the now Marvel spot. They were on a short term lease as a temporary popup store. Once their lease was up they moved to a temporary mobile store and have been desperate to get back into a full store - hence the move into Hoypoloi.

Kman101

United World Soccer did extremely well in the now Marvel spot. They were on a short term lease as a temporary popup store. Once their lease was up they moved to a temporary mobile store and have been desperate to get back into a full store - hence the move into Hoypoloi.

Thanks for the explanation of the lease situation. I was stressing that the store clearly made money, otherwise no efforts would have been made to keep it around.

Soccer is popular, despite what some want to believe, and I see a market for the merchandise, especially in Orlando with the soccer team they fought so hard to get. And the target audience they want to have shop at Disney Springs (Brazilians spring to mind).

Slipknot

Totally forgot this was there with the construction of the parking garage. But now that the walkway between AMC and Splitsville is open again, I realize I've missed it. Will be disappointing not seeing some of the cool artwork int he windows, like the running horse before the parking lot in front of AMC was closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom