Arabian Camels coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Baldy

My sister loves camels. I've been trying to convince her (+ her son and husband) to come with us to Disney next year. :happy: Maybe this will do it.

DABIGCHEEZ

I thought about the Camel rides given at most zoos... and I hope AK does not go down to that level.
Camels are a rather common zoo exhibit animal, so if you never saw one... check your local zoo.

The Empress Lilly

Ehrm, you do know that Arabia is not a continent, right? And that the arabian countries are part of Asia, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia

Maybe you should get your facts straight before complaining ;)
Eh, both in area and population the Arabian countries are predominantly African. :bookworm:

Maybe DAKfrica will be developed to fade off into northern Africa, and we'll get a camel exhibit west of Harambe. The way the very tropical India Asia was expanded to fade off into Himalaya Asia to the east.

Castle Cake Apologist

Soooooo, I assume they are building an Arabia section to the park? Because last I checked, Arabia wasn't in Africa.

Maybe they should just put them in Arendelle.

Seriously, are you ever happy? Or factually correct? Unfortunately for your latest complaint, Arabian (dromedary) camels live PRIMARILY in Africa.

This is a welcome addition to the park, and I'm excited to see how it's executed.

Figment1989

I have to jump in here with one of my favorite pictures...I've been lucky enough to ride camels twice, and the most recent time, the camel behind me kept coming up to say hi...
1044630_4975768595372_138793543_n.jpg

Mouse_Trap

Can we be sure that is is actual camels they have purchased and not this?
This come to my mind as soon as I read the title.....maybe a new H&C style expansion in the Asia area?

RSoxNo1

Add an exhibit with keeper presentations, since they are African but not native to the Serengeti.

A new show with colorful winged flying Macaws and parrots is great... a camel show, not so much IMO.

Hmm Camel interaction...Now 5 -on-5 Camel polo sounds interesting though!
Camels could also work as an exhibit between Africa and Pandora.

djkidkaz

I'll have to stop over there in the coming days to check it out. Anyone know what times they are bringing them out?

Next Big Thing

So the camels were actually out? From the looks of it in the picture, I can vaguely place them in the newly expanded area in front of Tree of Life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom