Walt Disney World Railroad closing for 5 week refurbishment in late September

roj2323

Im thinking this is for signaling updates and track replacement. They seem to have finished swapping out ties last year when it was down and the block signals were not functioning properly when I rode it 3 days ago.

Phil12

It sure would be nice if they added some more things to look at around the loop.

Refurbs and such never really bother me when an attraction needs it. The problem I have is when you miss a ride because of a refurb and the next time you get to see it, they really didn't improve anything. **coughspacemountaincough**
I agree. It would be nice if instead of having a peaceful Indian village, they created a little more excitement. They could have cowboys fighting the native Americans in hand to hand combat. I'd also like to see the funeral pyre have flames engulf it.

mikeymouse

Im thinking this is for signaling updates and track replacement. They seem to have finished swapping out ties last year when it was down and the block signals were not functioning properly when I rode it 3 days ago.
I believe you are correct. There were a few rails laying along the track near the Barnstormer.

SilentWindODoom

Isn't this the THIRD year? I went two years ago around the same time, and after climbing up the stairs and waiting upstairs to take a leisurely ride to the back of the park and save my legs, I was told the train was down. I was just fortunate enough to get it last year because we screwed up and planned too early to make the Food and Wine.

I didn't even think about adding things. I never understood why they didn't have some limited AA's around Adventureland. If anything, it seems like the most obvious place to have animals. Having something visible during the far Fantasyland stretch would be nice too. The question, I suppose, would be whether or not electricity is already run out in those places and how much would it cost to do the work?

Cmdr_Crimson

One thing I really think they need to focus on and I agree with the article from Passport2dreams is the back-third of the railroad where New Fantasyland and the overpass is...http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2015/08/ten-big-design-blunders-at-magic-kingdom.html
I mean even making a cavern or something to theme this section of the railroad would be really nice to see in this area....

From Passport2dreams
Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-08-25%2Bat%2B10.55.53%2BPM.png

Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-08-25%2Bat%2B11.02.59%2BPM.png

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Oct 15. A photo of some of the work being done during this refurbishment. Two small track-side buildings that were in poor shape are being rebuilt across from the Fantasyland train station.

IMG_6653.JPG

On the line between the Fantasyland station and Space Mountain, replacement track rails are laid out along the existing train track. However, these track rails have been there for many months (I have noticed before in the summer months).

IMG_6750.JPG

Last edited:

NearTheEars

Photo update as of Thursday, Oct 15. A photo of some of the work being done during this refurbishment. Two small track-side buildings that were in poor shape are being rebuilt across from the Fantasyland train station. On the line between the Fantasyland station and Space Mountain, replacement track rails are laid out along the existing train track. However, these track rails have been there for many months (I have noticed before in the summer months).

View attachment 115012

When did it close? We just road it last Saturday.

Andrew M

Does anyone know how the work is progressing? Any chance it would be open by the 13th? It's my son's first trip and he's obsessed with trains..

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Thursday, Oct 15. A photo of some of the work being done during this refurbishment. Two small track-side buildings that were in poor shape are being rebuilt across from the Fantasyland train station. On the line between the Fantasyland station and Space Mountain, replacement track rails are laid out along the existing train track. However, these track rails have been there for many months (I have noticed before in the summer months).

View attachment 115012

The permit that was filed for this showed the track work being done between Main Street and Frontierland.

DisneyGentleman

One thing I really think they need to focus on and I agree with the article from Passport2dreams is the back-third of the railroad where New Fantasyland and the overpass is...http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2015/08/ten-big-design-blunders-at-magic-kingdom.html
I mean even making a cavern or something to theme this section of the railroad would be really nice to see in this area....

From Passport2dreams
Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-08-25%2Bat%2B10.55.53%2BPM.png

Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-08-25%2Bat%2B11.02.59%2BPM.png
It's hard to argue that the theming is bad here...

I mean, we have sections of corrugated sewer pipe theming.

At least this area looks nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom