Direct Magic Kingdom bus service to Hoop-Dee-Doo and Mickey's Backyard BBQ test begins next week

prberk

I wonder if they think that this will take the place of the ferry service that already services that route over water? I personally love the ferry service for going to Fort Wilderness Settlement or to the Wilderness Lodge (both on Bay Lake). It is covered and very nice.

I suspect, though, that this is just seen as a convenience, for people used to using the buses. But I think the boat transportation is great, and that this is largely unnecessary for this route unless the ferries are out of commission.

I think of boat transportation, like the monorail service, one of the things that makes Walt Disney World special. I know that I really love the part over Bay Lake, and of course, over the water bridge -- which has inspired me since I was a child. (Why be regular and build a road bridge over the water, when you can be fun and build a water bridge over the road?)

Anyway, I love the boat transportation and the FW Settlement. Reminds me that I am on vacation.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
As long as the boats aren't affected in the future, this is a very nice addition.
This. The boat is nice. But ONLY the boat with no other option is more of a nuisance than a convenience. I popped over to the Settlement area for some chicken and waffles and to show the baby the horses yesterday and it took way longer than necessary. It's the reason I've never stayed at the cabins, which would othereise fit my personality and touring style wonderfully. I just can't be bothered with the maze of internal resort transportation compounded by the need for the boat.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
This makes so much sense.
As much as I love the ferry between Ft. Wilderness and MK (it is truly one of my favorite non-park things at WDW), adding a bus route is just smart. It's good to give people options, as long as it's not adding a massive operation cost (which a bus probably doesn't).

halltd

I wish they would just add more boats to the route as I really despise the buses at WDW...they're just not magical by any stretch of the imagination. But, if they can't add more boats, I guess this is better than nothing.

GymLeaderPhil

In the past, when weather has the boats down, have they have never had a direct route to Pioneer Hall or just the normal service to the front of the resort?

Only other thing I can think of is if the boat dock is going into refurb.

Heather71

I wonder why they didn't time this to benefit the first seating for Hoop-Dee-Doo? We're supposed to be there before 4:00. I was kind of looking forward to the boat ride anyway.

Marklodi

We're actually going to be able to use this on May 3rd - but question: does the bus leave from the Magic Kingdom or the TTC? I suppose the same applies to the boats over to FW as well. This is one part that confuses me, so apologies if this seems like a no brainer. :) We are doing an Ultimate VIP Tour, which should bring us back to MK, and then have 6:30pm HDD ressies. So this seems perfect, giving an alternate to possible busy boats. Thanks in advance!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It makes great sense, and thank you WDW! We like to go to Hoop-Dee-Do, but its PAINFUL getting to and from the Settlement Depot, kind of like a roach motel with boat service. We are fall visitors and the boats can be quite painful during a cold snap.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We're actually going to be able to use this on May 3rd - but question: does the bus leave from the Magic Kingdom or the TTC? I suppose the same applies to the boats over to FW as well. This is one part that confuses me, so apologies if this seems like a no brainer. :) We are doing an Ultimate VIP Tour, which should bring us back to MK, and then have 6:30pm HDD ressies. So this seems perfect, giving an alternate to possible busy boats. Thanks in advance!
It is from MK, not the TTC.

Have fun!

RmeDad

Starts at 4:00......DUH! HDDR has a 4:00 seating and we have a reservation at that time. My wife has an ECV, the bus would be ideal. Get smart Disney!

ABQ

Starts at 4:00......DUH! HDDR has a 4:00 seating and we have a reservation at that time. My wife has an ECV, the bus would be ideal. Get smart Disney!
With the bus, considering you'd have to transfer to a 2nd bus at the outpost, would not the ECV have a simpler trip on the boat as the ECV can roll right on and then roll off at the FW dock just down the hill from Pioneer Hall?

Brad Bishop

I generally like the boats for getting around. Sometimes the boats get a backlog of guests and, at Fort Wilderness, there can be a huge number of flying bugs at the beginning of the dock and it sucks to be in that, enough so that I found another way back with a series of buses (to the front of Ft Wilderness and then to a bus that took us to whatever theme park was next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom