SMS Audio forms strategic alliance with Walt Disney Parks and Resort and sponsorship of Star Tours

Goofnut1980

I'm thinking this would've never happened if Steve Jobs were still on the board. As you may (or may not) know, Apple acquired Beats last year. Still, it's strange that Disney went with SMS Audio... "Who?"

One could argue the fact, who was Beats before they were endoresed by celebs. Either way, it is nice to see them getting quality products in the parks.

CaptainAmerica

I'm thinking this would've never happened if Steve Jobs were still on the board. As you may (or may not) know, Apple acquired Beats last year. Still, it's strange that Disney went with SMS Audio... "Who?"
SMS is pretty well-known to "headphone people."

One could argue the fact, who was Beats before they were endoresed by celebs. Either way, it is nice to see them getting quality products in the parks.
50 Cent owns SMS.

John Fowler

I own a pair of these headphones. Awesome design, comfortable for short periods at a time. The packaging is top notch. They also don't feel flimsy at all. I have the Rebel one. Definitely give them a try at SWW if you guys are going.

lostpro9het

Love the designs...

But do yourself a favor and try them on first. They can be quite uncomfortable to wear.
Wait, you mean people would actually open these up and use them? :eek: This would probably stay shrink wrapped and sit on my shelf next to my Nike DeLorean Dunks only to be ogled at and occasionally groomed....yeah I have a problem...

Jahona

I love the designs but the only thing SMS street headphones have going for them is a fairly decent sound stage. Other than that they are lacking in audio quality. Last pair I tested had a weird almost non existent bass and muddy treble making them fatiguing for long listening periods. Newer Beats have a better sound signature I found than these. Still prefer V-moda, sennheiser, and Shure.

It's great seeing Disney getting more sponsorship for attractions and events. Now if only they could get sponsors over at EPCOT.

afb28

It's possible they approached and they just wouldn't do these kinds of designs for them since Beats has their signature look and nothing really varies from that.

Even though these designs are nice, I would never go away from my audio technica ath-m50.

Next Big Thing

That's exactly why this sponsorship is happening. Beats doesn't need anymore promotion of the brand. SMS Audio obviously isn't as well known, so a sponsorship like this i'm sure was very appealing to them.

Cmdr_Crimson

sms-star-wars.jpg

Out of all the headphones they are selling....They don't even have a Lobot version...Come on!
Lobothead.jpg

doctornick

Will there be any changes to Star tours?

Not necessarily related to this, but there has been talk of adding some scenes from the new movie. Part of the benefit of the current ride setup is that scenes can be easily swapped in and out.

I don't think that any changes would be related to this announcement though. Maybe SMS will sponsor one of the new rides that gets built in the future, though.

arko

The thing is Steve Jobs family owns the stock now, not Apple, and even when Steve Jobs was alive, Apple never sponsored anything. It has always been a very one sided relationship, with Disney easily adopting Apple technology but Apple never sponsoring anything in return.

BoarderPhreak

The thing is Steve Jobs family owns the stock now, not Apple, and even when Steve Jobs was alive, Apple never sponsored anything. It has always been a very one sided relationship, with Disney easily adopting Apple technology but Apple never sponsoring anything in return.

True, true. I was thinking more along the lines of Jobs pushing "Apple Beats" if given half a chance though.

ULPO46

Really nice and high quality sound. Beats are in my opinion over rated. I like personally Bose, and as a music producing hobbyist, I like the professional quality surrounded by the name BOSE. That said, I like SMS Audio, great sounding quality and not over used like Beats.

GrumpyFan

Really nice and high quality sound. Beats are in my opinion over rated. I like personally Bose, and as a music producing hobbyist, I like the professional quality surrounded by the name BOSE. That said, I like SMS Audio, great sounding quality and not over used like Beats.

All "designer headphones" or those associated with a recording artist are over-rated, and over-priced.
These look cool, but cheap. I buy headphones for their audio quality, not looks, and not to be seen.
I guess I'm just old school, but I think it looks dumb walking around with big bulky, flashy headphones, especially if they're just around your neck and not actually being used. I'll stick with my unbeatable Sony MDR-7506s, great sound and reasonably priced.

NormC

Much better choices out there than Bose. Sennheiser, Sony, Audio Technica even Panasonic make better quality than Bose. I have not tried SMS or Beats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom