PHOTOS - Tour through a completed Deluxe Studio room at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

nicb88

I'm 99% certain these Murphy beds are the same size as the ones installed last year at VWL. If so, my 17 yo son (5'10" at the time) fit fine on it and said it was very comfortable.

The new fold downs are much bigger than the old trundle beds at POR, which slid out from under the main beds, and which my disgruntled brother had to sleep on (he's only 5'3"!).

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What a lovely view of the bungalows from the patio of your deluxe studio....

LAKid53

Premium Member
so basically toilet shower sink in one area, then extra sink in a different area? definitely wouldn't consider that 2 bathrooms.. def can speed getting ready in the morning though

Looks like the same split bath in the Deluxe studios at the GF Villas - walk-in shower on one side, large vanity in the middle and tub/shower combo with toilet on the other side. Wish Disney would have included a toilet in the walk-in shower side.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Here's the floor plan for the studio. I stand corrected - two sinks and each area appears to have a separate door....

studio_floorplans_640x360_2.jpg

mm121

Here's the floor plan for the studio. I stand corrected - two sinks and each area appears to have a separate door....

View attachment 88263
seems really crowded furniture wise

seems like it would of been a better use of space to leave out the separate shower area and allow more space for the twin bed

and just do a plan with two sinks instead, since the sink is usually the most time consuming part of getting ready in the morning.

note2001

seems really crowded furniture wise

seems like it would of been a better use of space to leave out the separate shower area and allow more space for the twin bed

and just do a plan with two sinks instead, since the sink is usually the most time consuming part of getting ready in the morning.

I agree, and think they need more closet space too. But that shower looks amazing. I think that shower alone has me sold on at 3 night stay :)

BroganMc

I agree, and think they need more closet space too. But that shower looks amazing. I think that shower alone has me sold on at 3 night stay :)

Without a second toilet is a waste of space to me. That's what comes in short supply when a group gets ready in the morning.

We toured the rooms on Wednesday. I give them props for the decor. It did not look as dated as in pictures. But the problems remain with the view and lack of space.

I was left wondering exactly how they will keep people from staying off the bungalow walkways at fireworks time. Those gates look super easy to jump.

Also there is a slight sway to being in the bungalows. You can feel that it is built on water.

surfsupdon

I don't think it's against Disney's policy, as Port Orleans Riverside rooms in Alligator Bayou have 2 queen beds and a pull-down bed. Plus many of the deluxe resorts have day beds/sofas that fold over into the equivalent of a pull-down as well as their two queen beds :)

The new Caribbean Beach rooms have the 2 queen beds and pull down murphy bed as well now. It was a terrific addition.

doctornick

I hope that these studios are easy to get at the 7 month mark because they would be pretty good for my family of 5 (we have a baby under 3 now, but he will be over 3 by the time we next visit WDW and beyond that). One thing that annoys me about DVC is how many 1 BR don't fit 5 people. So when traveling with just my immediate family, we will be limited to certain resorts for studios/1BR or have to bump up to 2BR which is a waste of space for our needs.

The Poly studios are pretty roomie for that size unit and look like they'd be perfect for our needs, the second sink/bath is useful, plus I love the resort and location. I'm just curious to see how the dynamics of the room bookings are for the Poly given that the points are very different from other resorts with only the studios and the (expensive points wise) 2BR bungalows.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Maybe for a family with chronic IBS. For most people I would argue a 2nd sink is more important than a 2nd toilet. :bored:
Having 2 sinks in the studio room isn't a grand upgrade. All the Poly regular rooms have 2 sinks (as do all deluxe & moderates) and two people can use the sinks side-by-side...toilets not so much!!

Have to agree with @BroganMc...a 2nd toilet in the room with the stall shower would have been a much better idea. Then you would truly have TWO bathrooms!

note2001

Having 2 sinks in the studio room isn't a grand upgrade. All the Poly regular rooms have 2 sinks (as do all deluxe & moderates) and two people can use the sinks side-by-side...toilets not so much!!

Have to agree with @BroganMc...a 2nd toilet in the room with the stall shower would have been a much better idea. Then you would truly have TWO bathrooms!

There are actually 3 sinks if you count the kitchenette. ;)
Yes, a second toilet would come in handy for those times the daughter is chilling in her bubble bath, or when we're returning from a night out and the kids shout out "I claim the bathroom first!" just as we arrive back (and I had hoped it would be open, LOL).

doctornick

A 2nd sink in a room with a toilet is of no use if the toilet is being used. Does an entire family of 5 all poop at the same time? I really don't understand the priority of a 2nd toilet vs a 2nd sink or shower (something people use simultaneously)

The only thing I would say is that there is already a sink at the kitchenette. In other DVC studios, we use that second sink for someone to brush their teeth and wash their face, etc when the bathroom is occupied. So there is plenty of sinks in this studio at the Poly.

That said, having the extra shower is huge because showering takes up more time than using the toilet and IMHO is typically the thing that slows down a group the most. I guess you can argue with replacing the one sink with a toilet, but it seems odd to have a bathroom with a toilet and shower but no sink (granted the kitchenette is right outside the door).

note2001

The only thing I would say is that there is already a sink at the kitchenette. In other DVC studios, we use that second sink for someone to brush their teeth and wash their face, etc when the bathroom is occupied. So there is plenty of sinks in this studio at the Poly.

That said, having the extra shower is huge because showering takes up more time than using the toilet and IMHO is typically the thing that slows down a group the most. I guess you can argue with replacing the one sink with a toilet, but it seems odd to have a bathroom with a toilet and shower but no sink (granted the kitchenette is right outside the door).

That was the main issue folk had with the BLT studios when they were first made: the bathroom sinks were on the opposite side of the wall from the bathroom (in the kitchenette galley) Other than a few asian countries that prefer the sink to not be in the same room as the toilet (yes, they think we're strange) it wouldn't work.

It was a flaw in the design that was corrected after it opened.

betty rose

o_O
That was the main issue folk had with the BLT studios when they were first made: the bathroom sinks were on the opposite side of the wall from the bathroom (in the kitchenette galley) Other than a few asian countries that prefer the sink to not be in the same room as the toilet (yes, they think we're strange) it wouldn't work.

It was a flaw in the design that was corrected after it opened.
When one gets older, the 2nd toilet is necessary, my plumbing is getting old as the hills.

BroganMc

A 2nd sink in a room with a toilet is of no use if the toilet is being used. Does an entire family of 5 all poop at the same time? I really don't understand the priority of a 2nd toilet vs a 2nd sink or shower (something people use simultaneously)

The toilet has the highest demand of the most immediate nature. When you gotta go ya gotta go now! Who hangs out at the sink all day? You brush your teeth and your done. Maybe for some people who linger over primping their hair and make-up.

It is possible for someone to use the shower and someone else the toilet. Shower stalls do have doors for privacy.

note2001

The toilet has the highest demand of the most immediate nature. When you gotta go ya gotta go now! Who hangs out at the sink all day? You brush your teeth and your done. Maybe for some people who linger over primping their hair and make-up.

My Daughter has been known to "get ready" for up to 3 hours to go out with her friends. :banghead: I really do fear this upcoming summer in a studio with one bathroom area sink with her. Thankfully the boys don't take up much sink time.

betty rose

Lol- it's also possible to pee in the sink but I wouldn't recommend it. :)

Yall are all talking as if this Is a two bedroom with a single toilet. It's at max going to have 4 adults and a kid. Would you take a dump while your sister in law is taking a shower?

I'm still failing to see any practicality where 2 toilets > 2 showers when it comes to being in a hotel room with - potential 5 people. Like I said earlier- 5 people will shower/bathe in the morning. 5 people won't poop simultaneously.

More importantly- I can't believe we're having this conversation. Slow day. :D
This thread has really gone to the "dump":D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom