"Enhanced" Wishes Dessert Party

aladdin2007

They MUST be on crack. Seriously. $49 for sparking cider and table clothes? :greedy: Yeah, let me get riiight on that. o_O :rolleyes:

agreed, along with some ice cream and strawberries dipped in chocolate? Pure greed. They ought to be providing full desserts with cake or cheesecake and what not and like others mentioned champagne etc. I think the tipping point has now been exceeded with Disney and its offerings.

NearTheEars

As with many of the upcharge events, it's not for me.
But if some folks find value in it, I'm not going to judge them. If the spots still fill up, then why not. It's not taking away from my experience. I won't knock WDW until an upcharge event stands in the way, or takes away something from the every day guest. As far as I know, none have done this yet.

My idea of a Wishes dessert party is grabbing a Mickey ice cream sandwich and finding the best spot I can for the show anyway.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As with many of the upcharge events, it's not for me.
But if some folks find value in it, I'm not going to judge them. If the spots still fill up, then why not. It's not taking away from my experience. I won't knock WDW until an upcharge event stands in the way, or takes away something from the every day guest. As far as I know, none have done this yet.

My idea of a Wishes dessert party is grabbing a Mickey ice cream sandwich and finding the best spot I can for the show anyway.
I agree, almost.

This was one of the very few upcharge events that was still fairly affordable. Now, not so much. I liked it because it gave guests the chance for a small splurge that still felt special and exclusive.

Of course, the increase in price was predictable. I figured they'd just bump to $35 or $40 with the same offerings. Instead they went higher with better offerings.

nc_disneyfreak

just another area of proof that wdw is going in the area of catering to the well to do....its Disney for crying out loud. Do we really need "hot sparkling cider" and "hot drinking chocolate"? Fancy tablecloths etc....not to mention the general ticket increases, the stores that are opening in "Disney springs"....seems to be getting a little to chic for me....and normal people

Dwarful

Wow. There is no way my family and I could each eat $50 worth of desserts. Even I convinced myself that viewing location was worth $25 a piece, which, in my opinion, it is not worth it, but that is just me...I still couldn't justify another $25 worth of desserts per person.

ToTBellHop

just another area of proof that wdw is going in the area of catering to the well to do....its Disney for crying out loud. Do we really need "hot sparkling cider" and "hot drinking chocolate"? Fancy tablecloths etc....not to mention the general ticket increases, the stores that are opening in "Disney springs"....seems to be getting a little to chic for me....and normal people
WDW is a luxury. I actually like that they are classing this up a bit, but tablecloths should have been included at the $30 price point.

note2001

This is just Disney fishing around for the people with their wallets open and eyes shut. Now, granted there will be some who gulp at the price, but weighing it out this is a good move for them. For example: a family with a member in a wheel chair who would otherwise have a hard time finding a place to watch the fireworks from, or perhaps one with a member who cannot deal with shoulder to shoulder crowds such as Autism. That I can respect.

Many of us are fortunate in that although we could afford this, we don't need or want to. We can take a family of 4 adults out for a nice meal (on property even!) at the price of $200.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
To be fair.. The thing was pretty packed when I was there on Valentines Day weekend!

I was headed over to the Tomorrowland Terrace because I figured that nobody would think to watch fireworks from there.. And when I get there I see that "reserved for dessert party" thing up. Very disappointing.. I thought I was a genius! :p

scottnj1966

This is just one of many things that have been changing the last few years. Disney you are cutting back on the magic you are famous for but asking guests to pay much more then you ever asked in the past.
Please fix the mismanagement of the park. It's an American institution and it should not be allowed to be destroyed.

SDisney90

Too bad I was skeptical paying the original price for this...now I don't think I will do it. Wish I had done it beforehand

GrammieBee

As far as price is concerned;; Disney has always known how to get blood out of a stone. It is your vacation. If you want to do something badly enough, well---it costs what it costs. If you want to do it, you pay the cost and enjoy yourself. If you can't or don't want to pay the cost, you don't do it. Griping about the price will do nothing to change that.

ToTBellHop

As far as price is concerned;; Disney has always known how to get blood out of a stone. It is your vacation. If you want to do something badly enough, well---it costs what it costs. If you want to do it, you pay the cost and enjoy yourself. If you can't or don't want to pay the cost, you don't do it. Griping about the price will do nothing to change that.
Then what purpose does a discussion forum serve? Might as well do away with these forums and just post news on the main site.

GrammieBee

Then what purpose does a discussion forum serve? Might as well do away with these forums and just post news on the main site.

So much of what passes for "dicussion" on these threads is just an excuse for griping about almost anything that is new or different. The threads are a good place for many to vent frustration with things they cannot control. That, however is not exactly a dicussion.

Is the dessert party now worth $49.00? Probably only if you want to pay it and go for the experience. Was the old dessert party worth $29.00? Almost certainly, as the array of desserts was outstanding and there was a less crowded terrific view of "Wishes" and the fireworks.

Unless they cut down on the variety of desserts offered, this dessert party should still be better than the one at EPCOT. There may not be any alcohol served, but there were more dessert offerings and you can SIT DOWN. If they do cut back on the variety of desserts offered while jumping the peice $20.00 a person----- you pay your money and hope for the best.

Last edited:

BethG

I was bummed about the price increase. I had it on the to-do this year for the first time (my kids have always hated fireworks in the past). So, yep, I booked it anyway. I want to do it at least once. (It will also be on my anniversary).

When it comes to people who have never been to WDW, they probably won't balk at the price. They'll just think that is what a dessert party costs. Those who know it went up 50% from 7/4 to 7/5 will be the ones gasping.

BethG

Last edited:

yedliW

We had this on the agenda for our trip this fall, but not now. We'll find other ways to spend our money. It would have been fun tho..

Minthorne

Really let's face it Disney buffet desserts are very poor quality. These parties tend to just be more of the mass produced stuff that tastes more of chalk than chocolate. I never found the dessert parties to be a draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom