The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, April 13, 2018. Painting of the old Pleasure Island bridge is completed.

IMG_0387.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 9, 2018. As many have noticed, the space between Aerophile Balloon and the water inlet (at the old Pleasure Island bridge) has been a construction staging area for the better part of three years. Work has finally begun on finishing and opening the area for guests. It appears to be a large expanse of flat concrete, perhaps to be populated with kiosks in the future. Workers are installing a rock wall here to present a nice view from the bridge.

IMG_0437.JPG

mm121

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 9, 2018. As many have noticed, the space between Aerophile Balloon and the water inlet (at the old Pleasure Island bridge) has been a construction staging area for the better part of three years. Work has finally begun on finishing and opening the area for guests. It appears to be a large expanse of flat concrete, perhaps to be populated with kiosks in the future. Workers are installing a rock wall here to present a nice view from the bridge.

View attachment 282965
the balloon ticket booth seems super super super plane and boring and ugly now

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, June 13, 2018. After the better part of three years, the space between Aerophile Balloon and the water inlet (at the old Pleasure Island bridge) is now open. It has been a construction staging area for The Edison. Not sure what kiosks will be moved into this area. For now, it's an open expanse of concrete.

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

halltd

Photo update as of Wednesday, June 13, 2018. After the better part of three years, the space between Aerophile Balloon and the water inlet (at the old Pleasure Island bridge) is now open. It has been a construction staging area for The Edison. Not sure what kiosks will be moved into this area. For now, it's an open expanse of concrete.

View attachment 289962

View attachment 289963

View attachment 289964
Looks more like a West Side update instead of a Town Center update. ;)

RSoxNo1

Is there any hope of the cheesecake factory coming to Disney Springs? I do love that restaurant and seeing it in Disney Town in Shanghai gave me some hope!
Does this message bother anyone else as much as it bothers me?

I have nothing against the Cheesecake Factory. I like the Avacado Egg Rolls and about 14 different types of cheesecake. I just dislike the idea of that many widespread restaurant chains on Disney property. There are so many solid restaurants at Disney Springs now that asking for a chain to take up residence grates at me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does this message bother anyone else as much as it bothers me?

I have nothing against the Cheesecake Factory. I like the Avacado Egg Rolls and about 14 different types of cheesecake. I just dislike the idea of that many widespread restaurant chains on Disney property. There are so many solid restaurants at Disney Springs now that asking for a chain to take up residence grates at me.

But surely, you would make an exception for some fine Italian cuisine such as Olive Garden, no?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'll be honest, it's been 15 years since I've been to an Olive Garden. I don't remember it being horrible, and certainly not to the extent that it gets criticized. Having said that, I appreciate your sarcasm.

Story time: I was taking young-ish friends to NYC for a show and told them I'm taking them to a nice Italian restaurant. They both then started lobbying for the Olive Garden on Times Square, to which I said, no, we're going to have *fine Italian cuisine*; to which they responded that Olive Garden was indeed 'fine Italian cuisine.' Well, as the bankroller of the trip, I vetoed that and showed them the real meaning of *fine Italian cuisine*. They were duly schooled that day. ;)

ABQ

Story time: I was taking young-ish friends to NYC for a show and told them I'm taking them to a nice Italian restaurant. They both then started lobbying for the Olive Garden on Times Square, to which I said, no, we're going to have *fine Italian cuisine*; to which they responded that Olive Garden was indeed 'fine Italian cuisine.' Well, as the bankroller of the trip, I vetoed that and showed them the real meaning of *fine Italian cuisine*. They were duly schooled that day. ;)
ah, so you took them to Buca di Beppo on Broadway, eh? :hungover:;);):depressed:

jaklgreen

I don't know why Disney has not yet opened a milk tea shop. I am not talking about just the boba but actual different varieties of milk tea like oolong and thai. I crave oolong milk tea.:hungry:

djkidkaz

I don't know why Disney has not yet opened a milk tea shop. I am not talking about just the boba but actual different varieties of milk tea like oolong and thai. I crave oolong milk tea.:hungry:

I actually love the bubble tea smoothies. They have some that don’t use milk and are more like slushees. I would love to see a stand selling these some where.

Cesar R M

But surely, you would make an exception for some fine Italian cuisine such as Olive Garden, no?
Leave my garlic sticks alone!! :(

ah, so you took them to Buca di Beppo on Broadway, eh? :hungover:;);):depressed:

I never get the flair of Buca Di Beppo. Went to one in Pittsburgh and wasn't impressed. I was more worried about the prices (California Grill prices what the hell). I think the insane prices had to do with the nearly 15 conventions going at same time in downtown Pitt.

trainplane3

Leave my garlic sticks alone!! :(

I never get the flair of Buca Di Beppo. Went to one in Pittsburgh and wasn't impressed. I was more worried about the prices (California Grill prices what the hell). I think the insane prices had to do with the nearly 15 conventions going at same time in downtown Pitt.
It's really just because of the quantity of the food, not the quality. It's not like it's bad, but it's a bit more then it should. I feel the same with Cheesecake Factory, not bad but it's more then it should be price-wise.

Fun fact, the Station Square location is actually cheaper then the Robinson location. That just seems completely backwards.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The recently opened an Olive Garden in center city Philadelphia. I cannot understand why anyone would go to an Olive Garden in a city filled with great Italian restaurants!

disneyC97

As an Italian from NYC I appreciate your efforts!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom