Quiet pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort to close in April for major refurbishment

dstrawn9889

They might as well just yank out the rest of the greenery at the resort and cement everything over.
if everyone would quit raving about how nice and quiet the place is, they wouldn't need to expand the walkways and congregation areas... no one would come b y

Biff215

I don't think it's fair to critique the area on the greenery given that's one of the last things to go in.
Agreed, plus this was already a pool area. Granted the buildings is new, but I think it's going to be a nice improvement once it's done.

fngoofy

Looks nice, a definite improvement over the previous area. Also, the old area had a tonne of cement, I walked it for a week when we stayed adjacent to it. The buildings are nice looking and will provide a nice food/drink option I am sure. As was said, I am sure the greenery will come in at the end... I also wouldn't be surprised to see sand in some of the lounging areas.

Unomas

I can tell you this...before any refurb was done on The Polynesian, I toured the property and commented that it reminded me of an old folks home. I couldn't understand how anyone would pay $400+ a night to stay there and swore I never would. I toured again after most of the refurb had been complete (minus the Oasis Pool), and I was amazed at the transformation. Walking around at night I was nearly brought to tears by the atmosphere the place had. We bought DVC with Poly as our home the next day.

I'm not clinging to nostalgia like some. I had never stayed there before. But I can say with complete certainty that everything they have completed with the refurb has done wonders to transform my opinion. The whole place feels fresh and new. The pool is looking great and I can't wait to see it completed when we go this summer.

ryguy

I'll take the old folks home....sure everything is new, but for the most part the changes have been disappointing. The feel of the resort has definitely changed.

To each his own I guess.

Next Big Thing

I'll take the old folks home....sure everything is new, but for the most part the changes have been disappointing. The feel of the resort has definitely changed.

To each his own I guess.
I've never understood the thought that the new additions are sub-par. The Poly has definitely seen a net gain for all non pixie dusters out there.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 26. At the Oasis quiet pool, more landscaping has been installed, the pool is filled, and the buildings are in final stages. I predict this will be open before spring break.

IMG_7212.JPG

IMG_7211.JPG

IMG_7213.JPG

IMG_7214.JPG

IMG_7215.JPG

Peter Pano

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 26. At the Oasis quiet pool, more landscaping has been installed, the pool is filled, and the buildings are in final stages. I predict this will be open before spring break.

YES! With the water and all the plants and trees in place this new area is showing its beauty. The mouse can still build nice things in a very respectable time!

Next Big Thing

Ugh. More fences. They like to make pool-hopping more difficult everyday.
It's not really difficult. Just wait until someone leaves the area and you can get into any gated pool at WDW.

The reason for it being gated isn't to keep people out as much as it is for safety concerns now that Disney's pools aren't 24/7 (well, quiet pools like this one still are, but there's no lifeguard on duty ever).

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Feb. 11. Probably opening within just a few days, the final touches are being finished at the Oasis Bar & Grill at the Polynesian Village Resort Quiet Pool. The permanent pool fencing and gates are installed. The construction scrim fence was being removed today.

IMG_7360.JPG

The main entrance to the Bar & Grill is here on the south side, across from the Rarotonga lodge.

IMG_7350.JPG

The east side pool entrance across from the Tokelau lodge.

IMG_7356.JPG

The view from the Samoa lodge balcony.

IMG_7354.JPG

IMG_7355.JPG

A close-up of the Oasis Bar & Grill.

IMG_7359.JPG

Behind the Bar & Grill, there are two customer service areas. While not visible here, the area on the left has a drink dispenser.

IMG_7352.JPG

At the west end of the quiet pool, there are several "bubblers" in the water, some are visible here, circled in yellow.

IMG_7353.JPG

Opposite the pool, the buildings have a hidden service area behind walls, which are painted and hidden by this vegetation. This is the view if you are staying in the Rarotonga lodge, which is on the right.

IMG_7357.JPG

Peter Pano

Wow, the Oasis pool is all but finished and I love what I see. First time these "bubblers" in the pool are mentioned, they look fun. Great update, thank you!

Horizons1

It's not really difficult. Just wait until someone leaves the area and you can get into any gated pool at WDW.

The reason for it being gated isn't to keep people out as much as it is for safety concerns now that Disney's pools aren't 24/7 (well, quiet pools like this one still are, but there's no lifeguard on duty ever).
I know. I was just hoping to get some pixie dusters riled up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom