Bob Chapek named new Parks and Resorts Chairman

Captain Neo

You know how the Disney Stores look like now.......
robertdowneyjreyeroll.gif

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh Bold move Iger......

The Disney Stores were redesigned by Steve Jobs dude

asianway

I'd even throw YOAMD into that horrid mix. Terrible decorations, completely pointless reason for its existence, and an arbitrary system where only a select few actually experienced what the celebration was about. But separately, notice how all of the most recent promotions have put the onus on guests to do something?

Celebrate Today - What thing are you going to celebrate at a Disney park?
Let the Memories Begin - Use Disney parks to make memories!
Show Your Disney Side - Use a stupid hashtag or post an Instagram pic of you doing something Disneyish.

And to add insult to injury, all of these fake "celebrations" came at a time when there were actual REAL milestones to celebrate at WDW. Epcot's 25th anniversay, Animal Kingdom's 10th, MGM/Hollywood Studios' 25th - these have all happened in the last 7 years. These were real things to celebrate and all they got was a day where you could buy a limited edition pin, some overpriced cupcakes, and watch a few fireworks get tossed into the sky.
Don't forget Limited Time Magic where we will do a few cool things on 48 hours notice so there's no easy way to experience unless you happen to be there anyway.

omurice

Well maybe he can spearhead the "vault strategy" in the parks that he (allegedly) employed at products. You know, close Space, Splash or Big Thunder Mountains for 10 years each, then re-open for them a limited 6 months. Selling merch in the interval. Imagine the crowds that will descend during those limited times. Not construction walls but lots of "Returning Soon..." walls.

Nah it will never work. ;)

PS - I think Walt and Roy spearheaded the vault strategy 70 years ago re-releasing films like Pinocchio in theaters after the war when they had no new features ready... So HOW can this be the guy credited with the "vault strategy" in the 1990s? Even VHS releases were doing this trick the late '80s so - no, no, and just NO.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I don't hate Disney.

I hate their attitudes. Meaning that they're no longer demanding to be the best. They're fine with "good enough".... And that's just not the Disney I was raised with.
I don't want to be depressing or anything, but, has it occurred to anyone that we might just be getting THEIR best. Can't get blood out of a stone you know. We or they can raise the bar all we want, if they can't reach it, they can't reach it.

Sage of Time

I don't want to be depressing or anything, but, has it occurred to anyone that we might just be getting THEIR best. Can't get blood out of a stone you know. We or they can raise the bar all we want, if they can't reach it, they can't reach it.
Tokyo DisneySEA, Disneyland ops, and recent efforts in Hong Kong all say hello.

betty rose

the frozen merch sure isnt moving, all that stuff is crammed into a shop in Animal Kingdom, and a outside cart, and of course in Norway and from what I have seen in all my visits no one is buying any of it, its getting bypassed and skipped over. It seems very overstocked. I think the fad is starting to fade. merch wise.
I agree, nothing at Christmas was moving much at our local mall, even with discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom