Apex by Sunglass Hut opening at Disney Springs

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 29. I just happen to walk by as some CMs were opening the door. The inside displays are ready to go. I'm guessing the store opening is very soon, perhaps within days.

IMG_4586.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Apex by Sunglass Hut opened at 1 PM today. Photo update as of Friday, Jan 30. Guests will like the high-tech display screen (seen at the left in the second photo) where you can try out your new sunglasses with/without glare protection. There will be a wind machine above this screen (to be operational soon) to simulate riding a bike or skiing.

IMG_4624.JPG

IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A decent number of people shopping around in there. Nice.
Thank you for the photo update.
I think they will do really well. With everyone parking on the West Side, all guests that want to go to the Marketplace have to pass by this row of stores. They certainly have a lot of foot traffic passing their store.

NeXuS1000

I think they will do really well. With everyone parking on the West Side, all guests that want to go to the Marketplace have to pass by this row of stores. They certainly have a lot of foot traffic passing their store.

For now; how will the store fare once the other garage and the new shopping district opens?

DisneyNorthFan

Maybe it makes sense and looks better in-person, but what's with the concrete planters and retaining walls outside this new strand of stores? No decorative stone or ledge? it looks cheap.

WDWtraveler

Maybe it makes sense and looks better in-person, but what's with the concrete planters and retaining walls outside this new strand of stores? No decorative stone or ledge? it looks cheap.

Hardscaping is not yet complete. The decorative stone is already around the planters at the restroom building just a few doors up the street. More to come.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For now; how will the store fare once the other garage and the new shopping district opens?
You will still have people waiting for tables at the restaurants who will pop in to the stores. I think it's a pretty good spot to be for certain types of stores.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom