WDW Ticket Prices

BrianV

Who ads more attractions more often...Uni
BTW Disney, last time I heard WDW has Park Hopper too? So if you want to ride all the rides at Disney you need a park hopper....

Are there any rides that cannot be ridden without a park hopper at wdw? That was rhetorical. The answer is no.

I enjoy both locations and they are both too expensive. But the size and proximity of IOA and UO make a park hopper very valuable (and necessary to travel on the hogwarts express). The distance between the parks at wdw make a park hopper less valuable. I buy the hopper passes everytime at both locations.

Figment2005

Who ads more attractions more often...Uni
BTW Disney, last time I heard WDW has Park Hopper too? So if you want to ride all the rides at Disney you need a park hopper....
Yes Disney has a park hopper, but none of Disney's attractions requires that park hopper to enjoy. Not saying anything about whether or not it is justified on either part, just that his statement is 100% accurate.

BernardandBianca

A pass which includes free parking and no blockout dates is only $70 more, $260.

Disney's is $529, but that is for four parks so it's fair for them to charge twice the price

Why? Unless you have somehow managed to conquer the space-time continuum, you can still only be in one place at a time. So what is the difference if I spend 12 hours at MK, or 6 hours at MK and 6 hours at Epcot? I'm still only getting 12 hours at WDW (or UNI, to extend the point), so why is it fair to charge double?

BrerJon

Why? Unless you have somehow managed to conquer the space-time continuum, you can still only be in one place at a time. So what is the difference if I spend 12 hours at MK, or 6 hours at MK and 6 hours at Epcot? I'm still only getting 12 hours at WDW (or UNI, to extend the point), so why is it fair to charge double?

I just mean with an Annual Pass you might want to spend, say, four days in each park, that gives eight days usage over the year for Universal, but sixteen for Disney. Like I said though, only if hypothetically all parks had equal appeal. In the same way you would expect a Sea World annual pass to be less than a Universal one, as it's only one park.

Last edited:

BernardandBianca

I just mean with an Annual Pass you might want to spend, say, four days in each park, that gives eight days usage over the year for Universal, but sixteen for Disney. Like I said though, only if hypothetically all parks had equal appeal. In the same way you would expect a Sea World annual pass to be less than a Universal one, as it's only one park.

The SO and I have debated this over and over. Yes, you probably should expect a surcharge for having the ability to go to multiple parks, but again, I can only be at one place at a time. And if you are like us, where we typically go twice a weekend, every weekend, we shouldn't be penalized because there are four parks to choose from instead of two. (BTW, we will be renewing our Uni APs this coming week; as a Florida resident, it will be $159 for 15 months (using Coke promo), and that includes both parks and parking. The SO didn't want to renew until I pointed out that the renewal rate is basically equivalent to one day admission to both parks. A no-brainer at that point.

BrerJon

The SO and I have debated this over and over. Yes, you probably should expect a surcharge for having the ability to go to multiple parks, but again, I can only be at one place at a time. And if you are like us, where we typically go twice a weekend, every weekend, we shouldn't be penalized because there are four parks to choose from instead of two. (BTW, we will be renewing our Uni APs this coming week; as a Florida resident, it will be $159 for 15 months (using Coke promo), and that includes both parks and parking. The SO didn't want to renew until I pointed out that the renewal rate is basically equivalent to one day admission to both parks. A no-brainer at that point.

That's a great deal!

Club Cooloholic

Are there any rides that cannot be ridden without a park hopper at wdw? That was rhetorical. The answer is no.

I enjoy both locations and they are both too expensive. But the size and proximity of IOA and UO make a park hopper very valuable (and necessary to travel on the hogwarts express). The distance between the parks at wdw make a park hopper less valuable. I buy the hopper passes everytime at both locations.
Very True. UNI is like Disneyland/California Adventure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom